HIDs for My Fab MK1

wont be long before people come on moaning saying they are chav and illegal well they aint illegal yet so dont listen to them..

anyway

search ebay for 6000k h7 hid kit i bought mine for £25 been briliant!

wont be long before people come on moaning saying they are chav and illegal well they aint illegal yet so dont listen to them..

anyway

search ebay for 6000k h7 hid kit i bought mine for £25 been briliant!

Yeah like adam says, but take into account what headlights you've got. They'll rarther be Projector or reflector. Reflector want H7R bulbs and projector want H7 bulbs.

To not dazzle anyone, yes, you do. They will work without them though, just the light output isn't very nice/neat/is scattery and they're usually horrid to come up against.

With projector (I've just fitted a set of these into the 330d, very nice output):

_MG_5532.jpg

Without projector:

DSC00068.jpg

You can see the difference with all the light above the 'cutoff' in the Fabia, compared to the sharp, straight line with the Subaru.

Edited by TriggerFish
  • Like 3

Does the fabia have H7R bulbs in, or just normal H7 hid?

If your wanting to fit them then you'll best off getting H7R, i've had H7 in and they arn't very good if im honest, bright but the light put down onto the road isn't good. Just paid 14 quid for a set of replacement Hid's. ;) can't complain. Obviously with a little discount :p

To not dazzle anyone, yes, you do. They will work without them though, just the light output isn't very nice/neat/is scattery and they're usually horrid to come up against.

With projector (I've just fitted a set of these into the 330d, very nice output):

_MG_5532.jpg

Without projector:

DSC00068.jpg

You can see the difference with all the light above the 'cutoff' in the Fabia, compared to the sharp, straight line with the Subaru.

The problem perfectly illustrated there!

• Like 1

If your wanting to fit them then you'll best off getting H7R, i've had H7 in and they arn't very good if im honest, bright but the light put down onto the road isn't good. Just paid 14 quid for a set of replacement Hid's. ;) can't complain. Obviously with a little discount :p

I know i would be better getting a H7R kit :)

What im saying is if that fabia had normal H7 HIDs then there would be more glare upwards, as the light will be reflecting off the bottom of the headlight reflector. But its not clear what bulbs that fabia has in

If your gonna put HID`s in the stock headlights then just buy the cheapest possible. The whole "H7R" is just a marketing ploy to make people think if they fit those bulbs they`ll not blind anyone but tbh in my experience they do jack ****. Save the money and just get cheap ones, or better still spend the money and get projectors.

Mine passed its mot with normal h7 hid kit in the glare isn't as bad as people make out iv sat behind police drove towards them and never been pulled once for them so you would be safe with a standard h7 kit

• Like 1

Got a photo? Genunially interested in if it makes a difference?

I'll get one up later when im home from work,

and scotty its not fact they dont pass the mot is just they dont seem to be very good for use! as in the road isn't lit up very well. (my experience anyways)

• Like 1

I'll get one up later when im home from work,

and scotty its not fact they dont pass the mot is just they dont seem to be very good for use! as in the road isn't lit up very well. (my experience anyways)

Mine light up the road fine they even light up the paths a bit too there really good cost me 65 pound my brother has them in his 330d BMW aswell

• Like 1