Those of you with DPFs removed...

Should of also mentioned ive had the DPF removed on my car, only problem i had at first was the typical 'stutter' but it got so severe it was like someone stamping on the accelerator, letting off and putting it back on again, Rob @ shark said it was the worst he'd ever known. Thankfully after a map tweek it has been solved and to be fair mine does smoke a fair bit now but it doesnt bother me as at the end of the day ive now got a diesel with the cat/dpf removed.

Fuel wise i can get 600+ mile on motorway journeys, normally around mid 50's driving at 70mph

Did you get to the bottom of the stutter? Mine felt like this till Shark smoothed it out but they could not give me an answer as to why it was doing it

I did get to the bottom of it yes :) it will do it every blue moon but that's normally driving like an idiot on the motorway.

Shark are very secretive about telling you what causes the stutter and how to get rid of it as they say they are only 1 of few people who can do the dpf removal and map it out

I did get to the bottom of it yes :) it will do it every blue moon but that's normally driving like an idiot on the motorway.

Shark are very secretive about telling you what causes the stutter and how to get rid of it as they say they are only 1 of few people who can do the dpf removal and map it out

Don't blame them, knowledge is power!

...and to be fair mine does smoke a fair bit now but it doesnt bother me as at the end of the day ive now got a diesel with the cat/dpf removed.

Is yours a stage 0 or stage 1 Davey?

Is yours a stage 0 or stage 1 Davey?

Think mine is on stage 1 mate. ive had the mapped tweeked/changed about 3 times on mine to sort the stutter out so ive lost track lol. im going upto shark sometime soon to have a sensor mapped out so ill know better then

Ive had several DPF Delete's map's done on my old Leon PD170 all using Milltek DPF Delete pipe and Milltek Cat-Back (Later Replaced with Scorpion 3" straight pipe with no boxes)

1. JBS "WILD" V1 -car felt amazing, but started stuttering like hell in 1st gear and in 5th/6th on motorway, i fitted SEAT £2 Gasket to EGR and that resolved the motorway stuttering, car was supposed to be 235bhp (JBS RR Figures) made just over 180bhp on Shark's RR

2.JBS "WILD" V2 -JBS Contacted me and said they had revised the map, this solved the 1st gear stuttering, Made 205bhp on Sharks RR, Made 206bhp on AwesomeGTI RR (should of been 235bhp according to JBS)

I then visited Shark Performance to get the car Re-Done using the existing Milltek Hardware,Scorpion 3" Straight pipe (No Boxes STUPIDLY LOUD) and Darkside Developments EGR Delete, Using a STS i could switch between 3 programs

1. Stage 0, Felt very smooth compared to OEM, Didnt smoke at all, MOT Friendly

2. Stage2, Felt alot more powerful than the JBS Wild map, Made 216bhp on sharks rollers (compared to JBS Wild V2 205bhp), was smokey

3. Stage2+ , Was alot more powerful than Stage2, Smoke was stupidly black though, Made 228bhp on Sharks rollers, The smoke levels on this map attracted attention from police (Not me, My friend Graeme got stopped), we also doubt the 2+ Map would pass MOT, Mikko (Works for Shark) said he would probably never release this map to the public.

I can say however in my 2+ Years of DPF Free motoring i never had a single problem with either the JBS or Shark map (apart from the stuttering of original JBS map), never had a bust sensor or anything.

in my opinion when it comes to PD170 DPF Delete, there is only one company to use, thats Shark.When it comes to CR170 DPF Delete, Shark and REVO are the market leaders.

A guy called Jamie who also runs the Shark 2+ Map is about to install a Hybrid PD170 Turbo on his car aswell so hes starting to push it abit more, I wanted to at the time install a Garret GTB2260VK turbo but decided to buy a 2.0TFSI instead and go for 400bhp with this

Edited by AndrewJB
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm with admiral - no problems with a dpf off and stage 1 (you have to declare the modified bhp increase as a %age - which is good compared to having to declare the torque increase :-) ).

Hi, how did you describe the DPF delete to Admiral? some insurance companies dont seem to have a clue what a DPF delete is.

Thanks,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, how did you describe the DPF delete to Admiral? some insurance companies dont seem to have a clue what a DPF delete is.

Thanks,

Mark

Yes have a possible fix for symptoms these videos!!

Very informative material was found here on a fix

some variations to parameters but basically the same procedure for other manufacturers that have DPF filters fitted with pressure sensors

DPF FIX PART 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMf4m946aKA

DPF FIX PART 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXLZEG6It8o