vRS oil temperature?

Hey there!

I switched from variable service to fixed service and lost my oil temperature!

How do I retrieve it?

Or more to the point : how do they do it?

They have tried and tried but it refuses to work!

When they read out the sensor, it works fine...

But when they check what MID displays, it says -58C :S?!

Anyone had any troubles like this when they have switched service (i.e from variable to fixed)?

Put it back to variable?

To use a mild language : F*CK that ****.

The long-life oil is killing the timing-chain, wearing out the engine in advance and it's more expensive then fixed service.

I don't see the point with variable service if it's more expensive AND destroys the engine in the long run!

Sorry no idea,

i just go into the Display & change Display or Service details, tick Oil Temp, Speed warning etc as i wish,

Oil interval was done at the Garage at 4000, miles and my mate changed the setting when he plugged in last time to play about with the steering etc.

As i understand the 10,000 mile UK service oil change.

In the UK,

'Service Schedule' book comes with the car when new.

page 5,

'service interval-Overviews'

One of the following service intervals applies to your vehicle.

* QG0 or QG2 with fixed length service intervals

or

* QG1 with variable length of the service intervals

(and more stuff.) on that page.

the vRS in the UK is QG2 as i understand.

See the first page of the book.

Bottom left on your code.

or on the vehicle.

george

To use a mild language : F*CK that ****.

The long-life oil is killing the timing-chain, wearing out the engine in advance and it's more expensive then fixed service.

I don't see the point with variable service if it's more expensive AND destroys the engine in the long run!

How is the difference in oil specification wearing the engine prematurely?

How is the difference in oil specification wearing the engine prematurely?

The oil in itself is abit thinner on variable service then on fixed service.Another fact is that oil is consumable and wear by time aswell.Oil in itself doesn't work for (up to) 30000 km.It breaks down and clogs up the engine.This wasn't however what the topic was about, so I wouldn't mind at all if you would stay ontopic =)!

My car is set for variable service just like my pd vrs was and my cr superb is.

Modern oils are easily capable of lasting significantly more than 20,000 miles many trucks have 50,000km intervals nowadays

To me set it on what it was so the oil temp works and do what the F*CK you want with your oil and when you service it, just reset the service reminder if it comes up when ur not ready

That is a stupid solution. I'll rather do it right then wrong.

My car is set for variable service just like my pd vrs was and my cr superb is.

Modern oils are easily capable of lasting significantly more than 20,000 miles many trucks have 50,000km intervals nowadays

Yes indeed. But how many trucks have those intervals along with 7k rpm, high power and 3.5 litres off oil?

Believe me, the TSi needs better servicing than this.

And like I said : this thread is about the oil-temperature in MID (check the post I did in a reply a little bit higher up to CLARIFY this) and not about variable or fixed servicing!

If you don't have anything to add, please don't add anything then ;).

That is the cause!!! You changed from variable, search the forum some people didn't have oil temp and went to the dealers and they made them sign a contract saying they would stick to the service schedule but the maxi-dot was changed to variable so oil temp would be displayed

And for stop asking people to stay on topic they are asking questions/ giving information about the oil spec and why your changing.

Richf,

re the Oil in your vRS, variable servicing etc & Long Life oil.

Lexus & Some Toyotas get their first Service, Oil Change @ 120,000 miles, there certainly are long life oils.

Did your car come with 'QG1' on the VIN Plate & book,

What actual oil has come in your new vRS, or what is it that you have put in yourself now?

Is the Service Book & PDI, first check page not Showing first service due @ 10,020 miles (or there about) or 12 months?

george

Edited by sk4gw

The oil temp display issue has been covered quite a few times.

Changing the car from variable to fixed turns off the oil quality sensor in the sump so the display doesn't read

To turn this back on you need to enable TOG in the adaption channels in the dash cluster either by VCDS or dealer diag equipment

e16a09d9.jpg

The oil temp display issue has been covered quite a few times.

Changing the car from variable to fixed turns off the oil quality sensor in the sump so the display doesn't read

To turn this back on you need to enable TOG in the adaption channels in the dash cluster either by VCDS or dealer diag equipment

e16a09d9.jpg

THIS is what I was after, information from someone who's actually done it =)!

Thank you so VERY VERY much

Car is going in for replacing an AC-hose so they are going to do the coding at the same time!

Now for the next "problem" ;)...

• Like 1

Richf,

re the Oil in your vRS, variable servicing etc & Long Life oil.

Lexus & Some Toyotas get their first Service, Oil Change @ 120,000 miles, there certainly are long life oils.

Did your car come with 'QG1' on the VIN Plate & book,

What actual oil has come in your new vRS, or what is it that you have put in yourself now?

Is the Service Book & PDI, first check page not Showing first service due @ 10,020 miles (or there about) or 12 months?

george

It has QI6 in the book which i'm told is the relevant code

First service due 23/7/2014 or 20,000 miles or according service interval display, I presume it has the Castrol stuff in it from the factory

From 2013 Fabia and Roomster now run flexible servicing.

QG0 now means no oil sensor

QG1 now means oil sensor fitted

Q16 means the car is set from factory for flexible.

The only car now not set for flexible in the uk is the Citigo.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...