this is going to be a very long read

I converted a k03s DBW 20v turbo lump in my renault 5 turbo to ko4 and ran about 290bhp for 20k miles without any blips and about 30 track days (and 100 odd laps round the ring)

TBH 20VT is old tech now and better upgrade would be a cheap tfsi out of the golf gti. Been higher compression and direct fuel injection etc etc would be a better bet imo. I am using the k04 variety tfsi in the vx220 conversions and that makes a nice easy 375bhp with uprated head pump and software ;)

I was tempted to drop this engine in my skoda 4x4 estate but alas company car has resulted in it now on ebay for a steal for someone as I only just finished a strip down / rebuild / upgrade of just about everything :(:(

Wheels would look great on a silver 4x4 estate :D

DG

hadnt considered a totay different motor tbh and i dont think id wanna go that route as surely the looms ect differ

im only doing this as my tubby failed and if im ****ing about id.rather end up with something to show for it

Fair point, just with these engine going for approx £500 with software is about the same power as the 1.8t on k04 its a lower miles engine cheap. Bolts to current box and only the engine side mount required.

Depends on your garage tools / and confidence as it could get expensive paying everyone

Sure you will notice the gains with the route your going

Enjoy

DG

Fair point, just with these engine going for approx £500 with software is about the same power as the 1.8t on k04 its a lower miles engine cheap. Bolts to current box and only the engine side mount required.

Depends on your garage tools / and confidence as it could get expensive paying everyone

Sure you will notice the gains with the route your going

Enjoy

DG

That interesting actually as thought the newer engine would be much more expensive. Can see why this would be a option. The costs would be approx equal across both routes but that depends on who is doing the job as you state.

For now I am going replacement turbo route , but if engine dies then TFSI here we come I think :thumbup:

I remember swapping out my Pug 309 Goodwood Gti from a 8v motor to a Mi16v motor and that was reasonably easy apart from ECU and loom wiring..

Depends where you source the engine from but find a decent real breaker and you can get all the bits you need for a fair price.

1st conversion I ever did was the mi16 in the 1.9gti :) 2nd one was 20vt in the renault 5 turbo lol now on tfsi in vx220 turbo.

Wiring with the new stuff is not as straight forward but really good friends with one of the bigger tuners who fill in the gaps I cant work out. And just sorts the ecu work out also

DG

the only conversion ive done is a 106 gti engine into a 1.1 saxo lol

then i built my gti but i have had a few cars between and know the saxo/106 inside and out by now

the octavia im a lot less sure of with myself working on it

little bit of a look today the intercooler core ive got is waayyy too big haha so ill have to return and order a smaller one i but i know the size now

also ive made a start at looking at where to route pipes ect and im currently looking at were my BOV and things can go as im going to make up pipes to suit the cooler which brings another question does anyone have pictures of where the pipe goes on the hot side of the cooler?

i want to see if where im thinking is the right way to aim it or if im being retarded and there is a much simpler way as my way a few pipes are going to need relocating :(

little snap of the car today

20120728_171023.jpg

ok guys been looking into more things and more questions

SAI what the hell is it

ive found it can be removed and that all you really need is a little plate making up (i can do that easily) but what does it actually do in the first place??

and then the n75 valve is causing me a lot of confusion seen people remove it and others say do not do it it ruins the car and allsorts what are the options with that?

any input is HUGELY appreciated as i wanna get my car back on the road haha

The Sai is an air pump for when the engine is cold, many on here have removed it tho to stop the engine light coming on it needs mapping out I think?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 not a Crapple!

• Like 1

ahhh thats sound theres a similar thing on a 106 and car will be getting a new map anyway so things like that arent an issue as itll have a k04-001 (ordered earlier) and some bigger injectors lol! thankyou fella :D

anyone know about the n75??

Damn just brought one by accident, clicked on the link and chrome went funny on my phone so I closed it then 20mins later got an automated email asking me to pay!

Sent from my Galaxy S2 not a Crapple!

well im only building as my k03 died and tbh if a cheap turbo gets me back on the road then im happy

if it fails down the line well ill know what im doing to swap it for a proper one

im not trying to be cheap and i know ebays not ideal to buy things like this but its only a daily and is too low to give any real stick lol

I bought a TD04 turbocharger for my volvo off ebay altho it cost me slightly more than that and came from japan and never had any trouble altho he is also well known amoungst volvo lads