SN06 PDV - L&K Estate

This is the 'Trader search I've come up with. Fairly slim pickings based on L&K, PD140, manual and estate. Presume you'll have spotted all of these, but just in case :)

http://goo.gl/FqE3A

Thanks Wardy.

Ideally I want an estate but as you say its slim pcikings so I might have to consider a hatch or Elegance with maxidot (and anything else possible)

I'm half tempted to that 57 plate with 150k and then ive got a good excuse to fit a bigger turbo if/when it goes, lol.

Out of interest I went from an 05 PD140 Elegance to an 06 PD140 L&K and my road tax went up!

Same engine just different extras, which I found was a bit off.

Both Skoda and DVLA didn't have a decent answer for me as to the rise apart from 'the tax man will charge you for extras in the L&K.'

I've also driven an L&K with Xenons, it was an 06 iirc.

Just don't understand that Andy, how there's a £35 annual tax difference between mine and yours! Very odd.

Just checked my V5 - 154 G/KM

Mine is an estate though, which are slightly heavier and probably slightly less aerodynamic........

......... but definitely faster :-)

there is somwhere you can check the various version for their road tax it did change over time

There was also a site that you used to be able to see when echa option was avaiable and whne they became standard

I thought it was what car or parker sor somewhere but can't find it again

pretty sure that mid 2007 most of the L&K options became standard leaving, front parkers, sat, sunroof as the only main chargable options.

Edited by P&N

According to the April '10 Octavia brochure I have, the 2.0 PD 6 speed manual fwd Octavia should be 145 g/km, and that's regardless of whether hatch or estate, or SE,Elegance or L&K spec - they quote the same fuel consumption and CO2 figures for all. Only switching to a DSG gearbox makes any difference and takes it up to 158 g/km.

But..... one model that did have CO2 of 165 was the 2.0PD 4x4 estate. I can't help wondering if a whole batch of L&K estates were incorectly classified as 4x4 estates for CO2 purposes by mistake? I have known the DVLA make almightly ****ups like that in the past.

• Like 1

According to the April '10 Octavia brochure I have, the 2.0 PD 6 speed manual fwd Octavia should be 145 g/km, and that's regardless of whether hatch or estate, or SE,Elegance or L&K spec - they quote the same fuel consumption and CO2 figures for all. Only switching to a DSG gearbox makes any difference and takes it up to 158 g/km.

But..... one model that did have CO2 of 165 was the 2.0PD 4x4 estate. I can't help wondering if a whole batch of L&K estates were incorectly classified as 4x4 estates for CO2 purposes by mistake? I have known the DVLA make almightly ****ups like that in the past.

Agreed Nick!! I've seen the same info!

Dodgy to say the least!

So why does my V5 say 154G/KM ?

I seem to remember when I was looking for a L&K 2.0 TDI Estate that 2007MY models were a tax band lower?

Yes the CO2 emissions of some Octy diesels did reduce at that point;

http://www.parkers.c...ate-2005/30498/

So yours does appear to be correct.

That doesn't explain why some L&Ks are a CO2 band higher than 'lesser' models with the same engine and 'box, built at the same time, though? :wonder:

Does anyone know anything about this car:

mk2 Octavia 2.0 TDi PD140 - 2006 L&K Estate.

I'm looking around for a mk2 Octy and ideally want a Diesel L&K Estate (If you know of one for sale give me a shout please or a highly specced Elegance)

Looking around on the net today ive come across this one for sale at Rianworths/Bickertons and when I phoned for more detail the salesman said it was actually a PD170.

So i'm assuming its been remapped but I would like to know who's map is on it and since when as well as any other mods that have been fitted (and poss removed).

Thought it was worth a shot on here just in case it's someones old car.

Cheers

Mark

its a 2007 engine code bkd same as mine so 140 last time it was in dealer was 19/4/2011 as the car kept cutting out they did not fix it ,selling dealer was graeme p chatham (east ) ltd colour is diamond silver metallic, and on my skoda info its a skoda estate a5 elegance 2.0 tdi dsg but on dvla it says its a laur an klem and it had a different plate on it it was on P500SSS hope this helps vin no tmbge21z772028594

Yes the CO2 emissions of some Octy diesels did reduce at that point;

http://www.parkers.c...ate-2005/30498/

So yours does appear to be correct.

That doesn't explain why some L&Ks are a CO2 band higher than 'lesser' models with the same engine and 'box, built at the same time, though? :wonder:

Interesting - was this to do with EURO 4 and EURO 5 emissions standards?

If so, how does a car with the same engine (BKD) suddenly drop from band G to band F? They don't have DPF's so what changed?

If so, how does a car with the same engine (BKD) suddenly drop from band G to band F? They don't have DPF's so what changed?

mine is bkd no dpf 170 tax

No, the 2.0 PD BKD was Euro 4 right through 2004-2010 and as you say was never fitted with a DPF. A DPF would tend to make the CO2 emissions worse rather than better in any case. (DPFs burn off particulates but in doing so actually create more CO2!)

They probably just tweaked the fuel map a bit to fit the emissions test. The CO2 rating of the 1.9 PD engine reduced around that time too.

its a 2007 engine code bkd same as mine so 140 last time it was in dealer was 19/4/2011 as the car kept cutting out they did not fix it ,selling dealer was graeme p chatham (east ) ltd colour is diamond silver metallic, and on my skoda info its a skoda estate a5 elegance 2.0 tdi dsg but on dvla it says its a laur an klem and it had a different plate on it it was on P500SSS hope this helps vin no tmbge21z772028594

Thanks for that info.

Was this your old car?

So in summary its a 2.0ltr PD140 Elegance with problems????

What was the issue with it cutting out?

Thanks for that info.

Was this your old car?

So in summary its a 2.0ltr PD140 Elegance with problems????

What was the issue with it cutting out?

nope not my car i work for skoda assistance i have powers :bandit: also a laptop which logs into dealer network

• Like 1