Brake warning light and buzzer driving me mad !

For a few weeks now the warning buzzer has been going off every five minutes even though brake pads are fine ! Got mechanic to check brake fluid he says it fine , I would like to double check this but I cant see the min or max markings on the bottle . Is it possible to take it to the garage and get the warning light and buzzer turned off through vcds ? Any advice appreciated .

The buzzer sounds for worn brake pads or low brake fluid , I know the brake pads are fine and fluid is fine . I dont need a warning buzzer for brake pads or fluid I check them every month ,will get it checked again need to get it sorted its really annoying .

Seconded. I'd get a VCDS scan done and take it from there.

As said, it's going off for a reason - either a sensor malfunction or because something is actually wrong.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2246459-DIY-How-to-get-around-the-brake-pad-wear-indicator-change-light-lamp-warning

I had the same problem, its caused by the cable connection to the pads on the near side front wheel.

I have just cut the plug off and stripped and twisted the wires together, wrapped insulating tape around them, and used small plasti strips to tie the wire out of the way, and cut the wear sensor wire off the pads result no more warnings

one of the cables came off the plug on the car side.

I will go to the scrappy's when I get time and get another plug and cut and solder both together

Edited by skippy41