Highest Mileage?

XK140

If that was my car 53,000 miles at the extreme oil consumption I have it would have used 66 litres of oil at about £14 per litre makes nearly a grand in oil!!!!!

I dont think there is a suggestion on buying it, just if it has been problem free.

Easy enough to call the mobile number and just ask, some people are happy to tell.

(& maybe this is him, twitter.com/williiamdejong )

Its done some miles, but becoming the 3rd owner of a 2010 car is not unusual.

Lots of vRS were a Dealership demonstrator & sold with 3500-4500 miles on them. Maybe even more.

2nd registered and First Private owner is going to be selling it sometime if they what or need to.

If it got a new engine or a rebuilt one within the last year then that could be all good and well.

You can get one at less than that, with 1/3rd of the mileage tho.

george

My car has 1 previous owner as i bought it registered from my dealer. It had 900 miles on the clock with the S2000 Decals and a number plate ending VRS which was their show piece. When i sell on it will be same as the above 2 owners.

Agree nothing odd at all about already having 2 owners, it was the "need to shift car quick" that stood out for me. Like saying "im desperate so please pull my pants down and shaft me with a low offer".... Hehe

7000 warranty on the vehicle. to 60,000

maybe not on the engine if Skoda had to replace and the owner had come to an agreement to extend the engines warranty..

You never know what something is untill you find out & its not allways the last owner that can tell you.

Often a story,

its easy for someone to buy something then loose a job or get a job that provides a car.

Nobody wants that one anyway!!

Maybe someone will 'flash the low cash' and walk away with a good one.

'He who dares wins' and all that.

george

To clarify,I'm not interested in buying,I've got an order in for a new vRS,just curious to know the history of this one.

It would be nice to think that a vRs does exist that has done 50k+ miles with no issues whatsoever,which,TBH,you would expect nowadays with 95% of cars out there.

To clarify,I'm not interested in buying,I've got an order in for a new vRS,just curious to know the history of this one.

It would be nice to think that a vRs does exist that has done 50k+ miles with no issues whatsoever,which,TBH,you would expect nowadays with 95% of cars out there.

Do you know if the newly built cars come with the latest breather pipe modifications? Thanks

Do you know if the newly built cars come with the latest breather pipe modifications? Thanks

I don't know the answer to that...I might enquire,but who am I likely to get a straight answer from,that's the problem?

• Like 1

You never know why he might be selling it. I have a 8 month d GL2 estate with 22k on it as I need it on for my job (as my office is 68iles away & i travel all over ireland) But if I was to loose my job I would also be wanting to sell mine quickly.

I would also be quite interested if there is VRS with high mileage that had no problems (especially oil) at all. I am still thinking about VRS, but I am used to have cars about 8 years or so, so I am quite afraid what will happen after the warranty is gone.

I also asked Skoda if new VRSes are already being made with the latest "hotfix" (oil breather system) but they did not answer. I also asked when the new engine CTHE which should replace CAVE will be out and also no answer. To be honest I did not even expect them to answer but I had to try. :)

• Like 1