Top up paint

alan.edon@homec

I used the touch up paint from the dealer yesterday, white shade and oh boy was it fast drying. I didn't use the brush though, snapped a ****tail stick in half and dipped in the paint and then let the blob of paint fill the scratch, didn't do a bad job but it is on top of the tailgate so out of view too.

"****tail" I guess this a nanny state, this should read "male chicken tail stick"

Edited by James I

• 2 months later...

There are all other touch up paint colors in Croatia, but NO Muscavado (Mato brown). My dealer said Skoda hasn't produced this one yet - No Mato in Skoda factory, strange isn't it? I had to make a spetial order by the number of my chassis. So, can someone, please, say can you find an original muscavado touch up paint kit overthere? Thanks! Jazz.

Me again. I was even told Muscavado was 2012 color, which was a reason "not having it yet" as touch up kit. Reading Briskoda I found out about two important things: one, there was Muscavado earlier than 2012, and 2 - I'm such a donkey!

Edited by Jazz Moli

And so is my 2010. Definitely muscovado.

Coincidentally, I have been trying to get a rallye green touch up kit for our octavia.

The dealer originally said no problem, then i got the it's not available line.

When pushed they eventually did some digging with SUK and I now have what I paid for.

Just waiting for a break in this wet and cold weather to use it now.

• Like 1

There are all other touch up paint colors in Croatia, but NO Muscavado (Mato brown). My dealer said Skoda hasn't produced this one yet - No Mato in Skoda factory, strange isn't it? I had to make a spetial order by the number of my chassis. So, can someone, please, say can you find an original muscavado touch up paint kit overthere? Thanks! Jazz.

Can't comment about you being a donkey :giggle: but my 2011 Yeti is definitely Muscovado and the dealer told me he had seen many before mine.

Fred

Skoda have just built my replacement (for a Muscovado 2010) Yeti in Muscovado! Am I boring or what? Its a like for like job, but with extra goodies (some of which were not available in the early days).

Seems like they found some Muscovado paint somewhere......

So "no muscovado paint in the factory" was a serious dose of ****!

Mind you, I haven't seen the new vehicle yet! I hope it doesn't turn up in bright pink....

• Like 1