iPhone 5 or Next iPhone...

Fabia_19

No but I hear they dont like being dropped unlike the 4S. Heard someone at a site saying another worker had just dropped their phone outside, smashed the screen and no insurance.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/21/iphone-5-vs-samsung-galaxy-s3-drop-tests-show-very-durable-device-and-screen/

That seemed quite promising.

I think the simple answer is - don't drop it.

I visited the Apple store at Bluewater yesterday.

They seem to have new stock coming in daily.

You can reserve one the day before and collect the next day, but be prepared to wait!

they are also doing contract phones. They are not on commission, so will give unbiased advice.

Having handled the iPhone 5, I was really impressed with the quality of the phone. It really does feel much lighter and thinner, but hardly seems longer, even though the screen is slightly longer.

It is also more responsive than the 4S I have been using recently, but you can still use it one handed, which I do a lot with he 4S.

I visited the Apple store at Bluewater yesterday.

They seem to have new stock coming in daily.

You can reserve one the day before and collect the next day, but be prepared to wait!

they are also doing contract phones. They are not on commission, so will give unbiased advice.

Having handled the iPhone 5, I was really impressed with the quality of the phone. It really does feel much lighter and thinner, but hardly seems longer, even though the screen is slightly longer.

It is also more responsive than the 4S I have been using recently, but you can still use it one handed, which I do a lot with he 4S.

The signal is also better on my 5 than it was on my 4 - where I live I used to loose service about 1/4 mile away from the house for about 1/2 mile, the 5 still shown '2 bars' of service.in this previously 'dead area'.

The signal is also better on my 5 than it was on my 4 - where I live I used to loose service about 1/4 mile away from the house for about 1/2 mile, the 5 still shown '2 bars' of service.in this previously 'dead area'.

I can't compare as moved to Orange from O2.

But, my daughter has a 4S on Orange, so can compare to that.

That would be excellent news.

Like it every year if I go to the Grand Arcade in Cambridge this time of year. They have the airbook, the ipod touch, the ipod nano for running/gym and an iphone under their arms. Yup they lap it up.

Must be nice to have a few grand to spunk on tech...... A vast number will be liberated from their diggs over the next few weeks though as the crooks know this too.

You mean the anual Scroat Christmas shop for bikes and tech that their kids might like?

• 2 weeks later...

Mine FINALLY arrived yesterday! It is beautiful and so fast! I was definitely ready for the upgrade lol!

Played with one in store today, it did feel nice in the hand and is certainly a nicer fit in the hand than my galaxy s3, but, it really does feel quite dated now to look at as far as the front end. I don't think I could bring myself to get one now, I think it would almost feel like a downgrade. I'm not hating on it, I'm sure things may be a bit smoother on it, and maybe the menus are better thought out (settings all in one place etc) but playing with one was just so very unexciting! I guess I just prefer the android experience.

I find this an interesting criticism. I had the HTC G1, which according to wikipedia ran android OS 1.0. I recently used ice cream sandwich for a while before my iphone came - and looks, styling and layout wise it is identical. There are several home screens, a menu button thing that pops up your settings menu, and a main menu with all your apps in - nothing has changed. All you get is a faster phone and access to newer applications, pretty much the same as with IOS.

I'm not wanting to get into a debate on which is better, nor am I saying this makes android inferior, I just don't think it is a valid argument against IOS considering android has done the same thing! lol

I need to actually use maps before I can criticise it for me personally, but its not enough reason for me to want an android. At the end of the day google maps is a web page, you can access it from any device. Hopefully they will sort any problems out though!

A15

Fan boy or what?

It doesn't matter if it's got 100 cores and loads or ram plus the biggest number of retinas on it's screen.

If it doesn't work properly, then it's not much use to anyone and no better than a basic phone that does work.

If you notice I wasn't actually knocking the phone, just commenting that this long after the maps issue was highlighted, they don't seem to be sufficiently bothered to have issued a map fix.

FWIW on the google maps, does the navigation option work on the webpage version or is this an app only feature?

Edited by cheezemonkhai

Im only stirring the pot lol so happy it's the a15 since you said how good it was.

Just checked, there's no navigation option on the webpage version to even try it

Edited by wilsy7

I used Siri to navigate me last night. It got me right to the door, Tom Tom only took me to the road, even with a house number?

I had them both running together lol.

Maps will be pretty good once it's all sorted. I connected to the phone to my head unit so I could listen to music and opened maps over the top. The navigation voice then dips my music and gives direction through my car speakers, which is nice. And charges the phone too lol :)

I used Siri to navigate me last night. It got me right to the door, Tom Tom only took me to the road, even with a house number?

I had them both running together lol.

Maps will be pretty good once it's all sorted. I connected to the phone to my head unit so I could listen to music and opened maps over the top. The navigation voice then dips my music and gives direction through my car speakers, which is nice. And charges the phone too lol :)

I used the Nav on Friday night, must say I was so impressed!

I thought it was called A6?

The chip is Apple's A6 but it uses dual ARM Cortex A15 cores. Samsung usually manufacture something similar with different graphics cores etc. in it for themselves.

• Like 1