Where are all the Bronze Yetis?

Reenie

...This looks more "Bronze" to me (see photo). 

So this colour must be some different name? "Muscovado" perhaps?

Your attached photo is indeed Muscovado.

Agreed, both.  There's a Muski Yeti on the driveway, and a lump of architectural bronze in my hand right now :yes:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ive just come accross a well-specced used Yeti in Bronze (or Terracotta orange as it is known elsewhere) and I was wondering how this colour looks in reality. Is it orangish or like copper colour? Ive searched the net and found a number of photos on this as well as other forums and in some Skoda brochures but Im in two minds. I guess it looks nice under some lighting conditions and not so nice at other times.

This colour is very rare in general and I will have to travel quite a bit to see this Yeti in real life so I wanted to hear from people who have seen it in real life. Do you think it suits the Yeti well? Is there someone who has seen it in reality and hates it? :-)

Edited by Ansum

It is more beigey than orangey, like freshly-polished copper (but a bit darker). It wears the dirt well, I can testify to that, but then comes up like a new penny when cleaned!

Looks as though there's another Tibetan Bronze Yeti down in Allams' town..... :rock:

This one isn't Duracell'd as obviously a coloured roof isn't an option with an L&K.  :wonder:

6i9x.jpg

PS If anyone is looking for a 18 month old Duracell CR170 Elegance (well spec'd) then get in touch with Beth or Linda at Allams around 1100hrs on 01 March 2014. She's a beauty and only for sale due to a sharp reduction in APR. :happy:

• Like 1

Looks as though there's another Tibetan Bronze Yeti down in Allams' town..... :rock:

This one isn't Duracell'd as obviously a coloured roof isn't an option with an L&K.  :wonder:

6i9x.jpg

PS If anyone is looking for a 18 month old Duracell CR170 Elegance (well spec'd) then get in touch with Beth or Linda at Allams around 1100hrs on 01 March 2014. She's a beauty and only for sale due to a sharp reduction in APR. :happy:

Would it be sitting there waiting for a new owner to pick it up at 1100hrs on the 1st of march by any chance  :wonder:  :giggle:

• 1 month later...

Hi Aerofurb

Yes, picked TIBET II up yesterday! She's a lovely car in great condition, so thanks for looking after her. Think bronze really suits the yeti, and the panoramic roof is brilliant. She has silver alloys now. What happened to the black ones?

Hi Aerofurb

Yes, picked TIBET II up yesterday! She's a lovely car in great condition, so thanks for looking after her. Think bronze really suits the yeti, and the panoramic roof is brilliant. She has silver alloys now. What happened to the black ones?

Excellent - TIBET II remains on Briskoda! Glad you like her - Beth and Linda and co at Allams said she'd gone to a good home.

I had Allams supply a set of Matterhorns when I bought her and they took the original Spitzbergs in 'part-ex'. Then, when the TIBET III deal was done (purely as a result of the 0% finance), I decided to keep the Matterhorns for the winters and so asked Allams to get me a new set of Spitzbergs to put on TIBET II.

Hence why you now have shiny new Spitzbergs.   :happy:

PS Just tried to send you a PM, but it says you can't receive messages, feel free to PM or email me.

I can report no bronze Yeti's around here except Tibet 2.

Had a rather enthusiastic chap waving at me on Saturday on Chelsea Embankment on sat morning, in a nice dark blue Yeti on a 13 plate.

Looking forward to the first rendezvous with a bronze Yeti on the road...

• 6 years later...

Still have TIBET III.... Still like the colour!

Now with 86k miles and as good as new. Shark remap, black bits instead of chrome and silver bits where needed (roof rails, mirrors and radiator grille). Not much can touch it as a brilliant all rounder. Citigo does the now short commute to work. 

IMG_2363.JPG

Both cars with winter wheels on in the pic....

IMG_8323.JPG

Edited by aerofurb
  • Like 1

As a PS to the colour (and noting 11667 views of this thread as I type...), it is a colour that really doesn't do itself justice in the pictures which maybe why it isn't as 'common' (some might say 'popular') as the others. That means not many people have seen it in the flesh so go and buy a 'standard' colour. I was brave and I have no regrets.

See it in the sun, especially a low sun and the colour is nothing short of fantastic (in my humble opinion...!).

I think this may well be the case for a number of Skoda colours Petrol Blue is a good example. Dull day it's a dull blue but see the sun on it and it transforms it.

The older ones here might remember TIBET II which the kind folk dubbed the Duracell colour scheme with the black roof.

iPhone 4 10.09.13 045.JPG

• Like 1