New Octy vRS economy record?

DaveU

Can anyone beat this in their Octy vRS*:

economy.jpg

Yep that is 51.5 mpg average economy over an 89mile motorway trip driving normally at 70-80-90 including stopping at services 1/2 way through. Thought i better take a pic as i couldn't beleive it myself!

Last week I saw over 56 driving it at a more steady 70!

All I can say is wow! The economy on this thing is absolutely fantastic after it's gt28 conversion and remap down at IP.

There are some performance aspects to the car as well but i'll post about those later on when i've finished playing in it :D

* you must have >350bhp to participate and must provide a pic! ;)

• Administrators

Dave,

I've noticed changes in economy between my modes...none quite so striking, but I get ok economy on no boost mode, i.e. it's a normal 1.8 but get better rewards on the much more agressive optimax program.

I have a sneaky feeling the big turbos will help for cruising :D...well we have some proof here don't we :D

economy.jpg

Yep that is 51.5 mpg average economy over an 89mile motorway trip driving normally at 70-80-90 including stopping at services 1/2 way through. Thought i better take a pic as i couldn't beleive it myself!

Last week I saw over 56 driving it at a more steady 70!

All I can say is wow! The economy on this thing is absolutely fantastic after it's gt28 conversion and remap down at IP.

There are some performance aspects to the car as well but i'll post about those later on when i've finished playing in it :D

* you must have >350bhp to participate and must provide a pic! ;)

That is impressive for a petrol! I reset my Trip computer when at 70 on the motorway last night and drove 20 miles from southampton to fawley, managed somehwere around 62.

I think you have a problem with your cat Dave. Your engine light is on. :D

It's no good Geoff, he'll think you're refering to his pet.

PS Don't mention the Jaguar, oh pun, Jag, cat. :rofl::o

The last few thousand miles done in my Fabia have only averaged out at 48mpg (ish) - but thats some short journeys, and me not being particularly careful. ;)

Nice to see the big turbo conversion has some positive economy effects. I'm guessing it drops off as equally impressively on full throttle? :D

economy.jpg

Yep that is 51.5 mpg average economy over an 89mile motorway trip driving normally at 70-80-90 including stopping at services 1/2 way through. Thought i better take a pic as i couldn't beleive it myself!* you must have >350bhp to participate and must provide a pic! ;)

:P Should be even better if you let the handbrake off Dave:D :rofl:

:P Phil

Thats very impressive. Bet it really flies.

there might even be a theory of the longterm fuel savings paying for the turbo upgrade in there somewhere! lol.

One way of selling it to the Misses :D

Steve

Unlike you lot - i have a misses who loves the performance. In fact she not only loves it, but eggs me on as well!!! :D

I got a missus like that too!! It's great to a point, but if I wasn't with her, I wouldn't have spent half as much money on the car as I have done!! :rolleyes:

Hmm' date=' in my mental "Alfa 156 vs Octavia vRS" checklist, that's another round to the Octy... :)

I'll be there soon enough, I'm sure... :)

Nice Guy Mike[/quote']

Dave's is a little bit "special" - don't necessarily expect that MPG on all your trips!

(but buy the Octy anyway ;))