Throttle Valve Actuator Module (J338): Motor Circuit: Signal High

dev1lo

Hi

I have Skoda Octavia II vRS 2.0 TDI 170KM ( 2009 ) so wonder if anyone came across below error code ( erasing code didnt help, it keeps coming back ... )?

Any help would be much appreciated.Thanks!

008451 - Throttle Valve Actuator Module (J338): Motor Circuit: Signal High

P2103 - 000 - - - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 00100000

Fault Priority: 2

Fault Frequency: 2

Mileage: 50816 km

Time Indication: 0

Date: 2000.00.00

Time: 14:20:18

Freeze Frame:

RPM: 782 /min

Speed: 0.0 km/h

Load: 0.0 %

Load: 100.0 %

Lambda: 100.2 %

Mass Air / Rev.: 455.0 mg/str

Temperature: 76.5°C

Edited by dev1lo
  • Like 1

Same car, Same problem !!!

Is it possible to solve the problem without having to go to the mechanic ?

I found this link on the same topic:

http://www.mytiguan.com/index.php?/topic/4084-20-tdi-throttle-valve-problem/

Do we just have to unmount the throttle and clean it ?

How long would it take to do that ?

Please let me know how you solved it. Thanks

Same car, same problem also :o

I am getting both P2103 and P2102 code though.

Do you guys also have the Limited Edition; although I guess the same batch of parts would be used on all the vRS's anyway.

So the cause seems to be oil leaking from the vent hole in the EGR valve on to the wiring of the anti-shudder valve (ASV) then? Diesels don't have a throttle body.

Having just removed my EGR I could see some very slight leakage from the small hole, only enough to cause some oily crud to collect on the outside of the EGR though.

Have you tried cleaning the outside up with some carb cleaner?

Not sure if this is an update or a completely different twist, I tried to clean up the outside of the EGR as best I could and the problem seem to subside I didn't have any lights on the dash for a couple of days, then yesterday instead of a workshop message popping up the engine light popped on instead so I ran DashCommand and it now gives three completely different codes:

Stored Codes:

P2453 - Diesel Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor "A" Circuit Range / Performance

Pending Codes:

P2453 - Diesel Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor "A" Circuit Range / Performance

P0471 - Exhaust Pressure Sensor "A" Circuit Range / Performance

No Permanent Codes found.

Do you guys think that these are related, what would be the best thing to do.

Hi

Coming back to ' 008451 - Throttle Valve Actuator Module (J338): Motor Circuit: Signal High ' I have replaced throttle body which fixed the issue. In addition to that, I have asked to clean EGR ( just in case ). Car is running again, issue sorted :)

Note, after replacing throttle body, throttle adaptation is required so make sure it's done before you leave the garage.

Edited by dev1lo

Same car, same problem also :o

I am getting both P2103 and P2102 code though.

Do you guys also have the Limited Edition; although I guess the same batch of parts would be used on all the vRS's anyway.

With regard to P2103, try to disconnect cable from throttle body and check the error in vag. In my case, after disconnecting mentioned part, I got the same error stating that signal is too low ( previously too high ). Concerning dpf related issues, have a look in here ;)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/210200-dpf-issue-octavia-20-tdi-vrs-33k-2009/

My 2008 diesel vrs has had both the throttle body and the exhaust pressure sensor done. When I took of the the harness plug of the TB, there was oil inside were harness plugs into the TB. The exhaust sensor was done by the skoda dealer in Dunfermline. I have since found out that the two faults are very common.

• 3 years later...

So the cause seems to be oil leaking from the vent hole in the EGR valve on to the wiring of the anti-shudder valve (ASV) then? Diesels don't have a throttle body.

Having just removed my EGR I could see some very slight leakage from the small hole, only enough to cause some oily crud to collect on the outside of the EGR though.

Have you tried cleaning the outside up with some carb cleaner?

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I'm having trouble with my ASV (anti shudder valve aka throttle body). I also have oil in the ASV's connection-plug. I have opened the cover (where the DC motor and gears are located) it is full of oil. Question is, why is the ASV drinking all this oil? It does not make any sense.. It must have come in through the EGR, which is dry inside (gears etc.).. 

VW Mechanic told me the I should change the ASV because of the fault code "stuck open/closed" and also replace the EGR because it was leaking..

I just cleaned both and the worked for almost a year, but I had engine shakes all this time (suggesting the ASV isn't closing when I switch off the engine), and now the MIL is back..

As said, ASV is oily.. Checked the IC hose on both sides and they were clean (couple of oil drops).. Some guy mentioned Runaway candidate.. :(

andyvee , if you're here, what do you know about leaking EGR through ASV and further in the electric-connection-harnes-plug?

DTC's: P0121 and P2111..