radio code?

LeftonVRS

Hi just re-connected my Skoda symphony cd player headunit back into my VRS and totally forgot about the radio code!! so i dont know it can anyone help me locate it on the web? or any have the software to find it?

3725748 and 6y0035156e are on the unit think the first ones the seriel number!

Soo..... can anyone help me? or will i have to phone Skoda and get stung 40 notes or whatever it is haha

cheers guys

PM me if you have the code

:rock:

Edited by LeftonVRS

I have just had a Stream MP3 code given to me by my local dealer, Startin Skoda, Powick (Worcester).

Cost me £20, but as I was selling the unit I had to have the code to pass on.

Although I went in to the dealers with the unit plugged in to my car (removed the Columbus just for this) I could have done it over the phone as I had an SK code from the unit. They didn't even look at my car as I could give them the VIN.

You have one as well. With that and your VIN the dealer can get the code form Skoda without you visiting them.

(You might wan to consider editing out part of the SK code in your post).

Might be worth giving them a call as I know they can do it without the car / stereo present and I know they only charge £20.

Now having said all the above, A CAN-BUS controlled car will remember the code for any stereo that has been coded to it - even if removed for months.

I do not know how old you Fabia 1 is, but how long did you leave it before deciding that the code was needed?

I only ask this as when I plugged my Stream MP3 in it initially wanted the code (which I didn't have). Went back 10 minutes later to hear music playing as my kids were in there and had turned it on (at 4 & 7 years I doubt that they worked out how to enter a 4-digit code let alone get it right in three attempts).

HTH

out of interest whats the Sk code for?

No idea!

I presume that it is some form of unique identifier of the Head unit that Skoda can check to see if it is being matched to the correct vehicle.

My car has never forgot its original radio code. I've had 6! different radios in now. ripspeed aftermarket one, skoda casset player, 2 different smyphony cd players (the standard ones) a vw mfd and a skoda mfd, most needing a new code putting in each time! after removing each one and putting in a standard one each time it always programs in straight away never needing a code.

My 04 Furby has never had a code problem with battery taken out. Not even after battery was left for a year on low voltage. Radio coded up right up. Radio sees code from ECU and recodes .

My 04 Furby has never had a code problem with battery taken out. Not even after battery was left for a year on low voltage. Radio coded up right up. Radio sees code from ECU and recodes .

I had a similiar problem when replacing my old symphony unit as the screen broke on it, but when I went to the dealership they said I'd have to book in for the second hand unit to be decoded. I put my old unit back in to listen to music and that came up with "safe".

However, they told me that if I'd left it switched on it should have decoded itself as it knows the ECU. I wish I'd known because I went a whole week with no music :(

• 2 months later...

Afternoon chaps.

I recently bought a symphony cd player for my wife for xmas. She has on 02 fabia with a cassette player.

I've been a ford man for a few years and can just grab a code online.

I'm starting to have worries about this skoda unit though.

Can I say that I will NOT ever be able to get a code online for this radio? It's out of a written off VRS so won't know her ECU.

If I go to skoda will they actually be able to code it for me?

Would I need to find (in the bristol area) someone that can take the chop data and regrogram it?

I'd love to plug it in to her car for a quick look, but a/ its a xmas present and b/ she's always out in it ;-(

On the player I have;

technisat

symphony 6Y0035156C

YD5 41/03

sm_ 0004

SKZAZ8C 19XXX13 * (3 x's added in instead of the actual number)

Now the thing that's intriguing me is the sm_ 0004 bit. That label looks much newer than the others. Could it possibly be the radio code do you think? I think this is unlikely, but does anyone else have a little sticker on the side with something like that?

Any recommendations for the Bristol area? Skoda dealer here is very good and helpful, but I'd rather get it done a bit cheaper if possible - turning in to a very expensive present ;-(

AFAIK they wil / can only do it if the original vehicle has the stereo fitted (although it is possible to do it with just the SK code & the VIN).

Thanks for the replies.

I think the thing to do is to plug it in and see what it says. Might try that little label code - you never know.

If it doesn't work, I'll consider the options.

If the dealer can do it with the reg' and the serial number then that's a good result.

Read so many stories about having to have the guts ripped out, chips read from the motherboard etc etc.

There's security and then there's VW security ;-(