DVD rip software and file converter

kit

Further to my trials of trying to copy and burn some discs im looking to see if anyone can recommend some FREE dvd rip software and a converter, something along the lines of DVDfab?

Cheers

Kit

Have tried that and it wouldnt work :( It only copies the file to a .ISO file and wants to spend half an hour formatting new blank disks before i even start!! Am now looking to convert the file to something like an AVI file so i can just copy and burn instead of having it rip it every time i want to copy it as i need to do about 10 copies.

kit :)

Have just tried AVS and that wont recognise some of the file formats and i cant get a "crack" to work!!...When using imgburn it automatically says it needs to formatt the disk in the tray and if i say no to the option it says it cant continue!!!...The programs (3) came off a DVD recorder in these file exts .BUP .IFO .VOB when i check the properties of the disk it says its a UDF file......All im trying to do now is convert them into a AVI or the like so i can copy a number of them easily... Dont know why they couldnt be initially burned from the DVD recorder into an AVI file to start of with!!

If i had any hair i would have pulled it out by now!!!

Kit

Try AnyDVD - it

there appears to be no protection on the disk....il give handbrake a go and see what happends and if that doesnt work then im giving up!!

Cheers

Kit

Try AnyDVD - it's free for 20 days and it brakes all possible protections :giggle:

Edited by lmb

Thanks all for the replies and help :) In the end i couldnt get any software to work with the "crack" codes so my neighbour converted the files to AVI and now it takes five mins to copy each disk :)

kit

I've been using dvdfab for about 6/7 years now on several PC/laptops. I must of paid all of £19 and its updated to the latest versions all the time no problem. Never had issues copying dvds. So although it was not free and normally against my religion to pay for most software I think this worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

It which case it stops all possible protections. You mean it will break all possible protections.

In actual fact it 'circumvents' the check. Nothing is broken.

Have used AnyDVD for a number of years and it's a great bit of software

In actual fact it 'circumvents' the check. Nothing is broken.

If a piece of software whose sole purpose of existence is to stop a disc being copied is circumvented, I'd pretty much call that software broken :)