MDI display Second speed units and Time - more questions!

Ooopnorth

Getting to grips with the Yeti and sorting out a few little issues has been fun. However, I'm a bit flummoxed by a couple of things on the dash display. The speedo is calibrated to show 20 and 40 readily, but when driving through speed restriction areas, 30 mph is not so easy to detect. Sure I can guess from looking st the calibrations but with a second speed display I'd hope to be able to read 30 easily, but it's in Km. So 47 kph is about equivalent to 30 mph I've worked out but it would be simpler just to read the display in mph! I've checked the settings etc. but while I can change the units of fuel consumption etc., there doesn't seem to be the facility to change the second speed to mph. I'm probably missing something even though I've checked the manual. Any advice?

Also, in my old Octy, and the Fabia, I can see the digital time read out even when the ignition is off. However in the Yeti the MDI is just a blank black rectangle! Is it possible to set the time to read out when the ignition is off, or am I condemned to keep glancing down at my watch?

This is exactly my position too. Please see http://www.briskoda....ng-home-lights/

I am advised it can't be done....well not quite how we both want

All being well I'm off to see a man tomorrow with a fancy laptop and VCDS cable to see what magic he can work

Just thought I'd kindly advise you that the display between the speedo and rev counter is Maxidot not MDI. MDI is related to media playing on the stereo

Getting to grips with the Yeti and sorting out a few little issues has been fun. However, I'm a bit flummoxed by a couple of things on the dash display. The speedo is calibrated to show 20 and 40 readily, but when driving through speed restriction areas, 30 mph is not so easy to detect. Sure I can guess from looking st the calibrations but with a second speed display I'd hope to be able to read 30 easily, but it's in Km. So 47 kph is about equivalent to 30 mph I've worked out but it would be simpler just to read the display in mph! I've checked the settings etc. but while I can change the units of fuel consumption etc., there doesn't seem to be the facility to change the second speed to mph. I'm probably missing something even though I've checked the manual. Any advice?

Also, in my old Octy, and the Fabia, I can see the digital time read out even when the ignition is off. However in the Yeti the MDI is just a blank black rectangle! Is it possible to set the time to read out when the ignition is off, or am I condemned to keep glancing down at my watch?

Someone with a VCDS can give you a large digital display in the Maxi Dot. once done you can put it back as it was in seconds. Won't fail an MOT as the car has the ability to change back.

I've had it done on my TSi Vrs. You need the new White Maxidot fitted. Set the car to Australian Mode and it can be done

Mike Holryod"s your Man (Preston Area)

As above you can get a large digital mph display enabled using VCDS. As to the time I bought a small stick-on clock from the bay of e, as I got fed up with SWMBO asking what time it was.

It wouldn't fail an MOT anyway as the speedo isn't covered by this.

I've been driving mine for 8 months and have yet to have any difficulty working out where 30 mph is on the speedo. No need to "guess", just read the dial as it is.... that mark half-way between 20 and 40...? That's 30, that is.

I think someone has recently reported that changing to "Australian" spec altered a few other things that were not wanted.

Or the bolero,instead of saying welcome aboard on start up, says g'day cobber.

If you press the set display button once [quickly] - see "Tab 3" page 16 of manual - it will bring the time up on the maxidot for a few seconds without altering anything

This is exactly my position too. Please see http://www.briskoda....ng-home-lights/

I am advised it can't be done....well not quite how we both want

All being well I'm off to see a man tomorrow with a fancy laptop and VCDS cable to see what magic he can work

Just thought I'd kindly advise you that the display between the speedo and rev counter is Maxidot not MDI. MDI is related to media playing on the stereo

Doh! You're right of course. I meant MFD. Bloody dyslexia!

It wouldn't fail an MOT anyway as the speedo isn't covered by this.

I've been driving mine for 8 months and have yet to have any difficulty working out where 30 mph is on the speedo. No need to "guess", just read the dial as it is.... that mark half-way between 20 and 40...? That's 30, that is.

Now I had never thought of that - thank you. There was me thinking it was closer to 40 as well. But then you know what they say. There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't!

With an average speed for the life of the car around 20 mph, I spend all the time or at least a large part driving at 30mph without any problems whatsoever.

There is a large white line. My previous Octavia was the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD