inlet manifold cleaning? Now with flaming video!

i need to clean my inlet manifold incase there are any metal particals in there from the turbo explosion. i have seen the vids on youtube of people blow torching them but dont really want to go down that route.

so basiclly im just woundering what others have used and will a good strong degreaser work? i used some good stuff on my intercooler pipe work but not sure if its up to the job with the inlet as its so thick.

It's best to take the manifold and i/c pipes off, soaking all the parts in Jizer or other degreaser then a combination of pressure washer, airline, rags, wire brush. It's dirty and time consuming but has to be done. There is always a chance of metal fragments getting to the cylinder head as well, depends on how far you want to go with the cleaning work.

yer its all off. pipes are done just the inlet needs tackeling. think i will try the stuff i got from work similar to jizzer and let it soak over night then give it a blast through with the jet wash and see what happens. cheers guys

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say it works a treat, i soaked it for a day in thinners then got the oxy torch on it and it was great fun too. Waited for it to cool and blew the air line through and i couldn't get over how much crud came out, its now soaking in thinners again for 24 hours to give it an extra clean.