Hope you did not testdrive a Citigo like this...

Matt Bodycombe

Actually I did with the exception of 4th gear and onwards and I also waited till engine was warm. Before I test drove it I already decided I wouldn't like it but 5 mins later after 60+ in 2nd and 80+ in 3rd I completely changed my mind - I thought it was an absolute hoot to drive - more fun than my Scirocco. I don't normally drive like that! - honestly. Just love the sound if that engine - it's infectious.

Actually I did with the exception of 4th gear and onwards and I also waited till engine was warm. Before I test drove it I already decided I wouldn't like it but 5 mins later after 60+ in 2nd and 80+ in 3rd I completely changed my mind - I thought it was an absolute hoot to drive - more fun than my Scirocco. I don't normally drive like that! - honestly. Just love the sound if that engine - it's infectious.

I agree the engine has a lovely sound. It sounds like a bigger sportier engine than it is !

60+ in second: blimey that is very tall gearing. I bet that has an impact on how nippy the car is :(

And it sounded fantastic - feels much faster than it really is and that was a 60 Bhp.

noooo, it won't do 60mph in 2nd, that's a KPH speedo remember and the shift to 3rd comes before 60mph. It's a light car and that makes all the difference.

Without any doubt the demonstrator was doing 60 or just over when I changed into 3rd and if you look at the video at the start of this topic you will see the change from 2nd to 3rd at the Km equivalent. The guy changes from 2nd to 3rd at 98 km per hour which is 61 mph.

Edited by Crista

No, it seem's perky from just under 3000rpm until you go into the red at 6000rpm.

The lack of weight really helps.

It means in top gear you can plod along at 70mph in 5th getting good mpg, while you can race along at the same speed in third. :)

Top speed is alledgedly 110mph on the flat, but it will alledgedly top the clock at 120mph with a bit of downhill.

Alledgedly it's very stable and feels safe at those speeds.

That's what I was told.

I'm sure it was a private testing facility.

May improve with age.

I actually asked the garage if it was ok to use the full rev range of the car and they said - yep fine. Strange - as out of all the cars I have ever test driven that's the only time I have ever done that. The car seems to thrive on it. Having said all that when mine finally turns up I will go easy on it for the first few 100 miles.