Rocking / wobbling motion when driving

Since I changed back to summer tyres in April there has been a bad wobbling /rocking motion. I am about to put my winter tyres back on but am not sure if the wheels are damaged or if it could be one thing else. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Took it back to garage that changed tyres, he checked said all seemed ok, took it to a second garage, checked balance and tracking and it was ok. I wondered if could be buckled, but was also worried if suspension or shock absorbers

sawtooth?

this causes an almost bearing like sound when slowing normally. if its a wobble is a buckle or a twisted tyre. Switch front to back and see if it changes or stops

Thanks guys, there is no sound just a worrying rocking feeling. I have reduced the air pressure in the tyres and that has helped to lessen it. Has made me consider parting with car, but apart from this it is a great car, especially with winter tyres on being a 4x4 with winter coming on.

a wobble isnt reason to ditch a car, far worse can happen. If deflating has helped, shift em to the back, and back on front as sometimes these things dont manifest when on the rear

• 3 weeks later...

Some used steel wheels off ebay, fitted with goodyear winter tyres and the problem is no more. Many thanks to all who gave me your thoughts. Need to find out which alloy was causing me the problem now.

Couple of places had said could be the wheel, sort of got used to it and to be honest have not really taken it on long runs this summer. I didn't really want to investigate too much as that equals extra expense, and I had been looking to change the car this summer. Due to very low px quotes I have now decided to keep the car as I know it's history and is worth far more to me than I can get for it.

• 1 year later...

hey peeps I have a wobble when I am driving, but cant find the causeo it I have a 09 skoda octavia 1.9tdi auto here is what I have had done so far to try and rectify the the problem.

1 new tyres front and back

2 new drive shafts

3 all wheels realigned and balanced

4lower links to rear suspension

5 rear axle arm mounts

6 all new shocks

does any one know where I go from here as it still wobbles or should I say rock it is like giving u sea sickness. pls peeps I am end of my tether with this problem...

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes a worn constant velocity causes wobbling. I take it the tires are balanced. I have also experienced wobbling with non-uniformed tyres. But if the problem remains with your winter tyres, try to check out the CWs.