Best tyres for the VRS

Been on a tyre hunt looking around and just wondered what people put on their cars?

My preferences that I have put on previous cars are:

Uni-royal rainsport 2

Toyo proxies - T1R

Yokahoma Parada spec 2

These were all an ok price on 15" wheels but the price seems to have hiked up a bit on 17s

Also do you guys get 40, 45, 50, 55? any noticeable difference?

My criteria is:

Very good in the wet

Good grip, not expecting many tyres to not wheel spin on full in 1st but the least wheel spin the better

Comfortable, got my little boy so I don't want him bouncing around painting the rear seats

Low noise (not a major factor)

Fuel economy?? had a look on Black Circles and found they rated tyres on rolling resistance too....

£150 a tyre fully fitted is my absolute max... preferably £100-120

Oooooooooo can of worms

Open

Worms soon to be out

:D but i quote my rainsports, not to bad iirc price wise and my octy is still the correct way up ;)

And ok yes yes its never out

But when it is :)

Well..... See previous comment

"Still the correct way up"

That said the toyo is now the t1sport as the T1r is being phased out :(

But thats another story

Bring on the onion rolls :D

To add mate i really do find them good, and quiet too

Where abouts are you ?

Edited by Lloyd55vrs

na, they have been saying that for years, try camskill as you say, or elite tyres in essex who i know just supplied a set of four to my mate for his car.

I have matador mp46's and there great, conti budget brand i believe in 205 50 form, wet or dry there very predicable,

I have dunlop sports on my pro race wheels in 225 45 form and there awful, fecking hopeless in wet and the tramlining is borderline dangerous and there perfect offset wheels

I find all Proxes to be crap in the wet. (Although very good otherwise for the price)

Hankook V12 Evos

or preferably S1 Evos are amazing in the wet. Also quiet.

F1As are good allrounders, little noisier.

I believe both are about to replaced with MK2 versions.

Also Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas, can't remember subjective noise relative to the others. Similar I think.

205/50 drives better in my subjective experience, 225/45 is usually cheaper.

Had Goodyear F1 eagle asymet 2 on all week now they're extremely good very quiet on road noise an grip and grip even in the wet very impressed, better than bridgestones I had on another car in the wet only time will tell how they wear but up to now all the reviews have been true so expect them to last a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I haven't had them on my vrs yet but, I was really very impressed by the wet grip and braking of Hankook Kinergy k425s. I know they are not considered a performance tyre but absolutely miles ahead of most others in the wet and very predictable. I found 'off the line' grip exceptional with them too. downsides are they are not fantastic in the dry, and they did wear quite fast.

I have Goodyear efficient grips on now and they are good if you just want a tire that does everything. they do not excel or compromise at anything in particular but seem to be lasting very well on the front of my vrs with around 14000 miles of fairly aggressive driving and just coming to about half way worn now.

eagle f1s are a great tyre, really good actually

as are the vred ultrac sessantas

i rate the t1rs in the wet, had them on a number of cars with no issue at all.