Nexus or Kindle Fire

slider

16 Gb Nexus still on Currys web site but not available for home delivery and no stock at any of the stores I have checked. :(

I reckon the reduction in price to £169 has emptied their shelves. Lets hope your £140 prediction is correct.

The Kindle Fire is available in John Lewis if you wanted to have a play.

And they do a 2 year guarantee on all tablets!

Edited by Oli3000
  • Like 1

job done. 32gb Nexus from from Currys/ PC World £199 includingNorton Tablet security and £10 discount voucher. - place was mobbed, may 'cause nobody risking Comet

• Like 1

Because they don't know how much bloatware it puts on their system or how much it slows it down.

You can get better elsewhere & occasionally for free,

I was thinking about a Nexus 7 32Gb Wi-Fi+Cellular for £240 which becomes available on 13/11/12, for possible use as a Sat Nav & Web browser.

Why do people use Norton??

In this case only because its free!!

Don't use it on my main pc myself but all the reviews I have read say the latest version is a great improvement and not nearly as resource hungry as previous releases

There's a deal on hot UK deals if you're an O2 customer to get a 32gb nexus 7 for £160 at hmv.

He was lucky the cashier didn't check the o2 20% off deal properly, clearly says not valid against tablets lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3, not a Crapple!

I bought 2 Ainol 7's recently, while i know they are unbranded the specs etc. made it worth a shot compared to the more expensive nexus etc.

Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2 now with 16GB ROM 1GB RAM + Dual Core 1.5GHz CPU Android 4.0.3 (ICE CREAM SANDWICH) WIFI, OTG, 3G, G-Sensor, Tablet PC Epad Apad 7-Inch HD Capacitive Screen(IPS) Camera Flash Player 11.1 Compatible with Youtube / Facebook -SKYPE VIDEO calling (Black) **

Specs:

• CPU: Amlogic 8726-M6, 1.5GHz, Cortex-A9 dual core; GPU: Mali-400
  • Operation System: Android 4.0.3
  • RAM: 1 GB, ROM: 16 GB
  • Screen: 7 Inch, Capacitive Screen, IPS 1024 x 600px
  • Multi-Touch: Yes, 5 points multi-touch

And for around £120, i thought it was worth a shot, they arrived from china but as they are for christmas pressies for the kids i havent tested them out much yet apart for checking they come on and connect to wi-fi, will have to play when the kids go to bed later :)

I bought 2 Ainol 7's recently, while i know they are unbranded the specs etc. made it worth a shot compared to the more expensive nexus etc.

Specs:

And for around £120, i thought it was worth a shot, they arrived from china but as they are for christmas pressies for the kids i havent tested them out much yet apart for checking they come on and connect to wi-fi, will have to play when the kids go to bed later :)

Strangely enough I grabbed 2 of these at £100 for nieces birthday/Christmas present and they arrived a week ago. From what has been said they are superb and definitely high enough spec for everything tested on them. Good thing is they have the full Play Store access unlike many other cheap ones