To Parrot or not to Parrot

Afternoon all,

I'm keen to get a bluetooth kit & i've noticed the OEM VW part is out of stock & possibly a little tricky/above my skill level to fit.

Does anyone have first hand use of this with an Iphone4 pairred & if so what are the pro's & cons as i'm keen to hear peoples experience & comments of priase or issue.

I'm not too interested in streaming music from my phone just using it as a bluetooth connection for my phone & for it to cut out my audio when a call comes through or is outbound.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Mark

I had a 3200LS and it was ok. Had a few issues with older phones, and my HTC's were never fully happy syncing with it but my GSII was fine. Things like signal strength suddenly wouldn't show up on the screen and when I had contact photos ages ago syncing failed completely but that was on my old HTC Desire. The voice recognition aspect of them sucks though.....still can't get close to what my Nokia could do with voice tags. Those were the days. :)

I have parrot system in my company car and I am not impressed with it at all, sound quality isn't great and I don't like the display unit that is stuck to the dash as I think that looks messy

my advice would be to go for a head unit with built in bluetooth built in, but make sure the head unit has a external microphone

this is the one I have fitted in my fabia: http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/pioneer-deh6400bt-car-cd-mp3-bluetooth-stereo-usb-aux-ipod-iphone-sd-p-34360.html

I have a base model Parrot CK3100 which I have in my Taxi. I think it's brilliant peace if kit. Does what is says in the tin. Makes and receives calls which are always clear. Voice control works 90% if the time. Easy to use. Never had connection issues with my iPhone 4. I don't steam music but have listened to a few track and sound quality is terrible. It's deffo not good at mp: streaming apart from that if you don't need it for music then it's must for my business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst in a taxi rank

Go for it!

I’ve got the mki9200 & it’s great, I run the iPhone 4s with no issue.

Its awesome when using Bluetooth to stream music ,I run spotify premium with off line mode and the parrot remote even changes the tracks,

well worth the £££

see my post below

http://www.briskoda....parrot-mki9200/

Edited by bulls20042002

I have a base model Parrot CK3100 which I have in my Taxi. I think it's brilliant peace if kit. Does what is says in the tin. Makes and receives calls which are always clear. Voice control works 90% if the time. Easy to use. Never had connection issues with my iPhone 4. I don't steam music but have listened to a few track and sound quality is terrible. It's deffo not good at mp: streaming apart from that if you don't need it for music then it's must for my business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst in a taxi rank

I've got the ck3000 and it works quite well with my Samsung Galaxy S2. Like the 3100, the voice control works most of the time but not all. As it's small it's quite unobtrusive on the Octy dash - fits in between the Bolero and the climate control on mine.

if you install a parrot you will also need a ignibox. This is because a lot of modern cars dont have an ignition live for the parrot to feed off.

Fitting an ignibox isnt a problem in itselt but you are alooking at about a foots worths of wiring to try and getting tucker behind the dashboad

here is the back of my focus. 80% of this is parrot wiring....

3140B02F-5B98-4FBC-9B94-47029DDC3856-763-000000997CC79508.jpg

Ive got fiscon plus unit going spare which is a hidden integrated unit, especially good if you have maxi dot but not a definite requirement . Easy to fit and no unsightly lumps stuck on your dash. Comes with the standard stick on mic and the hidden one that goes in the courtesy light bit.

And works with iphone 4/4s ok.

Edited by sh4rpsh00ter

I've got the CK3100 and agree with most of the comments on here, it works very well.

And for less than £100 fitted it's a no-brainer.

Mine is located directly below the hazard light switch.