jumbo box question

Just to confirm as 2006 is unlikely to have an aux input - do you have the CD changer in the boot if so there are ways to replace this with an Aux input but you will need to search the forum to hopefully find the info you need

Silly question does every jumbo box come with mp3/aux input?

If so where is it?

Car is a 56plate vrs

Introduced for model year 2007 along with the MP3 Stream head unit. My June 2006 didn't have it.

Edited by eccleshill

Cheers for the info people :-D

Ive got the 6cd changer so ill just stick with that

If you did want an aux-in you can fit one using a Connects2 adapter, which hijacks the CD changer socket in the back of the headinit and gives you a standard 3.5mm Jack input. I've done this and it works brilliantly.

You obv lose the changer but the ability to connect an mp3 player renders the CD changer useless in my opinion anyway.

If you search the forum for "connects2" you'll find plenty of info.

If you want the Aux in socket, you can get a retro fit kit here. This just needs a small square hole cutting inside the Jumbo box to make it look totally OE.

But I'd honestly suggest getting the Skoda / VW MDI kit instead as it gives much more control and functionality.

• Like 1