Cracked windscreen

Its me

A stone hit the windscreen yesterday, chipped it and a crack is developing already.

If I claim on my insurance will it put my premium up for next year and when I'm shopping for my insurance next year is it something I will have to declare?

Regards all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should not put your premium up.

You should declare it,

i have been going through stuff when renewing or taking out a policy

& been reminded i had Windscreen Replacements done.

(& thats when its been other Policies that were not on the one being renewed and would be nothing to do with any NCB on them)

george

I would price up a screen before going through insurance as some are cheaper than the excess on some policys.

I paid 120 for one fitted in my volvo a couple of years ago,

Check with the Main Stealers. My wife's workmate just had her A4 windscreen replaced by Eastbourne Audi (who are notoriously expensive - no surprise) for her £75 excess, and got an OEM screen fitted.

If the rumours are true that aftermarket stuff is 2/3 the thickness of OEM, it's got to be worth investigating.

Gaz

New screen just fitted courtesy of Autoglass , excellent service from my first call all the way through to the technician who fitted the screen.

I'm £65 the lighter

Regards all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must admit I've had two windscreens go over the last 5 years & each time I have used Autoglass and their service has been exemplary.

My dad had one go & used another one and he had to have it removed & refitted because they bodged it. Can't remember who did it though.

I had my screen chipped a while back, I was lucky as I was extremely close to an Autoglass centre and I popped in and paid £10 and had the chip repaired. :thumbup::happy:

Pop into a RAC windscreen place and pick up a pack of windscreen chip patches. Fit one as soon as possible and it keeps crap out of chip till repair done.Less crud in chip means a better repair.