VW cold air intake

nacora

VW cold air intake with the battery in front :-)

Of course not the oem battery but a brand new Exide 12v 53A 540 am (30% more capacity from the Oem)

As per the intake ....no words to say !!!

4u8ydepe.jpg

ade7esar.jpg

Edited by nacora
  • Like 1

Thanks !!

The Braille how many kgr ? 7-9?

The Oem is 15 kgr (dunno about price)

The exide is 12kgr (68€)

Vrsy : how do we clean it? Once a year ? Water? Air ? Special material ?

Anybody on data for the Vw ? Increase of power - inside temperature - maf sensor readings..

I dont have any of that to hand. The bhp gains were about 10Hp in the midrange and around 7 hp peak.

Battery is 7kg iirc. Speak to ITG about the cleaning methods. iirc its soak it in petrol and massage out any debris and dust et. Once dry re-oil it with the supplied spray

Is it essential to have a smaller battery fitted to get the VWR intake to fit?

Also noticed a slightly different setup in the pics between nacoras and the one on vRSy car, which one is the 'out of the box' method?

mine is a 100% out of the box setup. The OPs has two separate pipes, one of which has the breather pipe. Mine runs a single pipe which has a breather pipe built into it.

It wont fit with a standard size battery either. The battery is only about £120 anyway.

post-79779-0-17150900-1354116594_thumb.jpg

Looks good!

Thanks Apmaman :-)

That looks awesome! Where did you get it from if you don't mind me asking? VWR website?

Long Story MillsyVRS.... ITG is colaborating with APR so we cant get directly from them but from APR (uk). Apr Uk said that i had to contact with APR Greece (my origin) but they didnt have any stock here. So I look around over the globe...and nearby ....and i find out that in Turkey there where 3 of them on stock (1 for scirocco and 2 for polo gti's). One of my friend was going over there so i gave him 381 euros to buy it (very friendly service over there i'd rather say)-( price without installation). Why that cheap?... cause from Turkey untill now all purchases were directly from USA, so no customs etc. Lucky for me because nowdays all products will be imported from UK with UK prices plus vat customs etc etc...

looks pretty tight there ? how much space do you got left to the left and right from the intake ?

another picture like the one with the OEM intake but with the VWR would be nice

Fabianoh5n1: from left to the engine cup almost 0.5m enough for the vibrations even when you push the engine and start moving almost hehehee. from the right almost 2cm from the battery.

Is it essential to have a smaller battery fitted to get the VWR intake to fit?

Also noticed a slightly different setup in the pics between nacoras and the one on vRSy car, which one is the 'out of the box' method?

Furbytom: yes in order to fit the VW - i didnt loose any volts or amber ...i Gain with the new battery... please note also that the diameter of the VW is almost 22cm. and with the OEM battery the gap between the OEM and the engine is almost 9 cm. (i will upload a photo to see the exact dimensions). Beyond that i searched around within Greece/Europe/Usa to find a battery with length almost 20cm (Thats the target)..so there i am with the Exide (usa product). Imagine that the OEM is 24cm in length plus 4 cm the electricity cups...(headache i'd rather say).....but nothing is impossible

I've modified my battery holder and can fit my Itg front facing with OEM battery

modified how? with the OEM battery no way you have to find a smaller one like VRSY and me. there isnt other way.

we dint move anything from the battery holder....just the OEM battery.

For the record i had to cut off from the right of the battery the box (its plastic) to earn 1,5 cm.... so it wasnt briliant but the result is awesome....i did it my way hehehehe :-)

was about to turn my OEM batterie by 90° or move it a bit more right since there is plenty of romm on the right side

With the OEM battery am afraid that you can't . The base of the battery isn't flat (see photos) but there is a way to do it if you cut the plastic box that holds the battery . The only major problem that you have to face is the <main> wires of the battery I mean the negative and the positive pole. Be aware that the wires must be very close to the battery not having less power on the battery.

u7aqureh.jpg

a3y6abyj.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

So it would appear.. The best option is to get a smaller battery.. After speaking with TMG they suggested buying some sort of tray from them so the oem battery could be turned around..

http://www.tmg-performance.com/en/1-4-tsi.html

I've got a stage 1 map so hoping a decent intake will give a few extra horses!

Edited by MillsyVRS

So it would appear.. The best option is to get a smaller battery.. After speaking with TMG they suggested buying some sort of tray from them so the oem battery could be turned around..

http://www.tmg-performance.com/en/1-4-tsi.html

I've got a stage 1 map so hoping a decent intake will give a few extra horses!

I'm going to be buying one of these after somebody msg me on fb about it. Edited by Ant-Vrs