CAR PULLING TO THE LEFT. YES I'VE USED THE SEARCH BUTTON :)

Ryy.P

My car does this also. It is worse after having new tyres fitted (yes i have had the tracking done after new tyres have been fitted!). Appears to get better the more miles the tyres have done!

And again mine to the left aswell ...

I thought German cars were supposed to be reliable but since owning my skoda I've noticed an awfull lot of " common faults"

like this ,

siren noise ,

leaky seals ,

expansion tank faults ,

hoses popping off under boost,

weak ariel !!!!!!!

These are what I've noticed or read about its these little things that cost the most money it is becoming a nusence and lead to bigger problems like the door leak could lead to wires shorting out, things failing, rust, mold so on and so forth...

Has skoda ever recalled the cars for any of these as they seem to be a lot of people with the same problems

• Like 2

There have been multiple recalls for things that stop VAGs in general working outright like coil packs...

...For everything else where a service charge can be made to replace parts? Why would they?

Bread and butter to them in servicing and parts.

I know this is a kind of cynical attitude, but I don't know of any car manufacturer who does recalls based upon poor design when they can make money out of replacement parts due to poor design...

The law of mean time before failure. If any car manufacturer designed a perfect car that never broke for non-essential components? They'd be out of business pretty quickly.

The joy of forums like this however is that we can discuss the more common faults and work out preventative maintenance and workarounds/fixes/upgrades that prevents the spoiling of what are good cars to drive which is what we're here for mostly anyway :)

It seems to me that instead of recalling them or fixing them for free like other companies they took the ignorance card way by saying not all had the faults so not a recall problem instead charge extorsionate rates to fix the problem and to people such as ( not being a sexist or anything) women , old people, people who don't know cars that well and that are scared of warning lights an excuse to overcharge and make money instead of doing the decent thing of Fixing and saying sorry for the inconvenience...

Because in my mind if your paying good money for a brand new car ( I didn't but same principle) you don't want to or expct to had " common faults" which cost a fortune to fix ...

I expect a new car or new second hand car not to leak water because of a factory faults or errors in judgement from factory ..

This day and age cars shouldn't have "common faults" it's as if they do it on purpose to make money out of people ...

Me personally I'm going to my local dealer on Friday and asking what £140 of my hard earned cash buys that a £30 (MAX) of good sealant can't don't and if they couldn't do it properly in 2004/2006 or when ever the v1 skoda came about what is going to be the diffrence now and if they use a different product or method the. It should be done for free in my eyes as the whole reason of test facilities before selling a car is to find any faults to rectify..

Sorry for the rant but dealers really annoy me conning people

In short ( now that my torrets has calmed down :) )

Skoda who must have known these problems though millions of pounds of testing and hammering should have noticed or accepted they missed them and take responsibility

:) :)

Annnnnnd. Breath lol haha

I'm glad I found this post.

Just bought a 61 plate Monte Carlo and it pulls left like a bitch... If you let go of the wheel it tried to jump in the hedge.

Phoned dealer 3 hours after buying it and told them and he said what have you hit? ******!

Made them take the car in and check it and they said the tracking was out and they've sorted it. Now not only does it pull left but you have to steer right to compensate. They had it back again and when I went to pick it up te rude service guy threw the keys at me and pointed me to the car, no paperwork no nothing and guess what.... It's exactly the same.

We bought the car 2 months ago with 1900 miles on it. It's now done 5k and the front left tyre is destroyed so I've gone to Skoda UK with my complaint. The car is in for its 1st service this weekend and if the tyre wear is not picked up Skoda UK are going to come down on them like a tonne of bricks. I spoke to a place called ABC i think up north and he said if you set the tracking up to Skodas values it will always pull left but if you know how to use your tracking machine you can 'dial' it out.

So my suggestion to anyone with this problem on a Fabia under warrenty is DON'T GIVE UP! Keep on at your dealer, if that fails contact Skoda UK who are on Facebook and keep going. I'm getting it sorted and a new tyre out of them, failing that they get the car back as its not fit for purpose.

thanks guys, yeh i guess i will try that bill :)

& i do have directional tyres luke, some people have said that ABC servicing in leeds can sort the problem they also do the 4 wheel alignment then what ever magic they do after that god knows! i might get my car booked in for a 4 wheel alignment and see what occurs :)

I would highly reccomend abc car services, they found my problem where a couple of other garages couldn't and know how to use their equipment propely, and athur is a top bloke.

Edited by aj_erst

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump on this post.

Did the OP cure the problem?

I've noticed that a couple of other people have cured the problem by fitting new wheels....

Need proper alignment done. Invest time and money and visit ABC at Leeds. Read review if unsure.

I get serious left pull but only under throttle, off throttle it cruises perfectly straight. Annoying.

I know the left shaft is far shorter so it's s natural trait but its really torque steering hard and it shouldn't be.

Think I may try raising the car a little, it's only 8 threads off the bottom on weitecs. Alignment is spot on

Need proper alignment done. Invest time and money and visit ABC at Leeds. Read review if unsure.

I've had alignment done properly mate. I work with laser tracking systems on aircraft wings (in fact I'm in the middle of an improvement project on exactly that!), so I know how they work and I watched them do it closely.

This is not a dig at anyone but just a general thing I've noticed on here: everyone seems to assume that all garages who do alignment on a daily basis are either very poor at their job or trying to con you somehow! I can categorically say this is not the case from where I went to get it done. The guy even knew about the problems with these particular cars and was very knowledgable. No-one can seem to get it that a large number of these cars seem to have this inherent problem that is not cured by re-alignment. The only way I could see alignment possibly affecting this is if it was done in a trial and error way in a corrective manner - but then you could potentially get uneven tyre wear and/or other handling issues.

I get serious left pull but only under throttle, off throttle it cruises perfectly straight. Annoying.

I know the left shaft is far shorter so it's s natural trait but its really torque steering hard and it shouldn't be.

Think I may try raising the car a little, it's only 8 threads off the bottom on weitecs. Alignment is spot on

I have EXACTLY the same issue mate.... Well annoying. Ruining the car for me at the minute.

No I haven't tbh, I've put different wheels on aswell, got myself some nice Porsche twists ;)

and it still does it. just haven't had the time to go up to leeds to see Arthur... :/

Not a VRS, but my car was pulling to the left... until this morning.

Garage thought it was a leaky rim/valve dropping the pressure on one tyre, but that didn't solve it. 4 wheel alignment didn't solve it either. What did solve it was making sure the front tyres matched and checking the balancing of the wheels as one was quite a bit off.. I had two different types of tyre on the front, swapping things round a bit so I have two of the same on the front, and all the wheels being properly balanced solved the problem completely.

Just thought I'd chip in just in case any of this helps you.

Our Fabia pulls to the left also, slightly, I have a mate with a merc, he told them it pulls to the left, he was told this is a safety feature and if you fall asleep or have a heart attack your car will move left and not into the oncoming traffic! Good answer I thought.