Expensive 4th service

princeprawn

Hi guys,

I wondered if anyone knew why the 4th service on the Citigo was so expensive I have got the 3 years 3 servicing with the car which for me is more like 2 years free servicing if the intervals are every 10k but I was told by the dealer the 4th service is the most expensive at £275? Anyone know why?

Ps. I don't actually have the car yet I'm in the waiting stage

There must be extra things that need doing every 4 years or 40k miles.

Off the top of my head it could be anything.

Not sure if it's all listed in the service book, but mine is in the car right now.

Hi guys,

I wondered if anyone knew why the 4th service on the Citigo was so expensive I have got the 3 years 3 servicing with the car which for me is more like 2 years free servicing if the intervals are every 10k but I was told by the dealer the 4th service is the most expensive at £275? Anyone know why?

Ps. I don't actually have the car yet I'm in the waiting stage

Ask the garage that would service the car what work is carried-out, and labour charge.

Compare prices at different garages for best deal.

Is this the last service to keep within an agreement.?

I think yours may be a bit more expensive on the CitiGo-Go :p

but the price for bossfox to get the CitiGo-Go on the road will be far more then a standard 4th service

and i bet he doesn't get anywhere near 60+mpg with that lump in it :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Edited by bluecar1
  • Like 1

Why not get it serviced at an indie? They are always less expensive,and the warranty is still valid.

Chain drive is much better so i hope they are. The VW Polo is not so perhaps the citigo is not. The Aygo/C1/107 are chain drive.

Citigo is Belt Driven :(

Oh that puts me off a little.Mind you i had a Fiat that had a recomended belt change at 5 years.I kept it for 8 years without a belt change and it was ok.It did have a low mileage though.

My Smart is chain drive which i much prefer.

Problem with chain driven is if not serviced regularly or incorrect oil used they rattle due to the spray bar getting clogged

Gm used to recommend chain change at 100k miles or 10 years with all guides and sprockets to be replaced

They are not without their own respective drawbacks

Edited by malcster

Problem with chain driven is if not serviced regularly or incorrect oil used they rattle due to the spray bar getting clogged

Gm used to recommend chain change at 100k miles or 10 years with all guides and sprockets to be replaced

They are not without their own respective drawbacks

Yes, or the chain fails due to tensioner failure.

Overall I prefer chain driven engines, but it's not enough to influence what car I buy.

It's what, £1 per week extra for a belt change?

Big whoop. :)

Yes i take your point guys,but i had a friend whos belt drive Fiat broke without warning,and it was goodbye engine.

As for changing the chain at 100K or 10 years.It would take me 50 years to do 100K and i never keep a car 10 years. My Smart is just over 3 years old and the mileage is only 4000. I get free bus travel and low cost train travel with my Railcard,so use the car very little these days,other than to do my shopping,and the odd ride to the seaside.

Yes i take your point guys,but i had a friend whos belt drive Fiat broke without warning,and it was goodbye engine.

As for changing the chain at 100K or 10 years.It would take me 50 years to do 100K and i never keep a car 10 years. My Smart is just over 3 years old and the mileage is only 4000. I get free bus travel and low cost train travel with my Railcard,so use the car very little these days,other than to do my shopping,and the odd ride to the seaside.

Are you planning on buying a Citigo then?

Sounds like it would make more sense for you to have a car and just keep it ages.

Are you planning on buying a Citigo then?

Sounds like it would make more sense for you to have a car and just keep it ages.

The Citigo is on my list,and i am thinking of changing either in 2013 or 2014. Also on my list will be the UP,Fiat 500,New Smart out in 2014,Vauxhall Adam, BMW Mini, and Mazda MX5. Quite a list i know.

If i settle on the Citigo it will be the Elegance ASG automatic in Red with spare wheel,tinted glass,and 5 year warranty. The only problem is i love my Smart too much with 60 MPG round town,free road tax,£70 service at a Smart Indie,and fun to drive.

I used to drive 20 000 - 30 000 a year many years ago,but now retired i drive less.In those days i had classic sports cars MGB, TR6,or big Jaguar XJ6s. I could manage without a car,but i am a car nut so always have one.