Where is Bob Dog?

Peter a Proud Yorkshireman

Can see it now slippers paper :beer:

Sitting by mine now :whew: typing this, but I have to cut and split and stack my logs :sweat: but they are free.

Enjoy Bob must have been cold in the corner all that time :D

Apparently I have "reached my quota of positive quotes for the day". So I'm not allowed to like Graham's last post ... even though I do.

Yup; you've done an awful lot of likes today.

Welcome back.

Sent from my Xperia S using TapaTalk 2

Broadside is very nice, but when I'm in Norfolk, I'm there to photograph wildlife which usually means a very early start each day. And Broadside generally doesn't allow for an early start! :D

Hence the less potent pints are the preferred poison for the evening...

It's a lovely part of the UK... let me know if you locate any barn owls locally or marsh harriers, and I might have to make a trip that way again! ;)

.It's a lovely part of the UK... let me know if you locate any barn owls locally or marsh harriers, and I might have to make a trip that way again! ;)

Most years Barn Owls are plentiful - though we've only spotted a couple this year. Thwaite Common, Itteringham, and Wolterton are good locations. Only spotted a Marsh Harrier (magnificent) a couple of times ever - both over the marshes around Hickling Broad. Also seen Kingfishers out there when sailing along the river.

Mr. Stubbs, Coward was misquoted as saying "very flat, Norfolk". He actually said "very flatulent Norfolk". It's on account of all those sprouts. JCP we've bought a little cottage in Gresham, about 3 miles inland from the sea at Sheringham.

Thank you one and all for your kind words ... it's good to be back in such fine company. I shall be doing my best to drink Nelson's county dry over Xmas! Keep the corner warm Graham :angel:

Ahhhh; Sheringham, I remember it well.

Spent six weeks working as a waiter in The Burlington Hotel (now a block of flats, I think) on my summer holiday having left school, chum of mine's Dad was the manager.

Spent most evening in the Two Lifeboats and one time got invited to a party where I discovered the joys of Carlsberg Special Brew. It wasn't quite so joyous the following morning as I wasn't allowed out to serve breakfast and got relegated to the toast, tea & coffee! Purgetory.

More recently, 3 years ago, enjoyed a short break staying at The Hoste Arms in Burnham Market and my wife discovered the joys of Aspall's Perronelle Blush Suffolk Cyder. PS> I love a drop of any of the Adnams beers.

PPS> Hope your recovery following TURP is going well. It was following my stay at The Hoste Arms that I got a urinary infection and finished up having an argument with a Surgeon's very sharp scalpal with the result I 'lost' one kidney.

The Hoste Arms? What are you doing driving a Yeti? Surely you should be in a top of the range Range Rover? :giggle: Took out a mortgage and had lunch there once!

• Like 1

Another one with experience of TURP here!

2 lots of nasties lasered away. 2008/9

Cystoscopy review last week - all clear, one more annual review , then hopefully discharge!

• Like 1

Another one with experience of TURP here!

2 lots of nasties lasered away. 2008/9

Cystoscopy review last week - all clear, one more annual review , then hopefully discharge!

Good luck. I just wish you hadn't used that last word.

A bit indulgent I know. I don't take much holiday in a year, my wife has to more or less drag me away from work & the office, and it was only for a few nights.

Kevin looked resplendent in the car park when I got him parked next to the front door.

I think it's called Reydon Marshes, you can access it if you walk over the bridge that connects Walberswick with Southwold. Also nice Adnams in the Harbour Inn. Have fun.. :beer:

Edited by looby

Dad hailed from Blythburgh, know area really well, visit several times a year, spiritual second home!

Know the Southwold area well ... lots of good pubs for Adnams drinking. The village shop in Blythburgh (at the pub) is run by a young lass called Katy that I used to teach when she was a 16 year old. I say young lass - she must be 40+ now, where did the years go?

We'll be checking the area closely later - down at The Anchor, Walberswick for a few days.

I've stayed there myself before now, great beer and wonderful fish.

My late Father-in-law's family hail from the area too.