Where is Bob Dog?

Peter a Proud Yorkshireman

Parts of Norfolk can be vaguely hilly - Hunstanton has decent cliffs, for example. Love Norfolk - and the ale that can be enjoyed there.... Wherry! Yum!

...and there's half a barrel of Wherry left in the corner and Bobdog's no longer in the county to drink it - he'll have to 'make do' with the proper stuff now :giggle:

• Like 1

Welcome back Steve, glad you are no longer sulking in your kennel!

Bet you are glad to be back in your home county, not dissimilar to Yorkshire with good proud people good beers and visited many times by for holiday( North Elmham).

Must admit I am not a big fan of Todmorden as its not really sure which way it swings being Yorkshire sometimes and Lancashire when it suits.

Daughters boyfriends parents have just sold their chippy there which was excellent but when they arrived they did lose one or two veggie customers as they make propper haddock and chips with beef dripping.Place is full of eco warriors and a wif of a splif or two!

Hope Betty is not missing the hills too much.

Cheers :beer: :beer:

Peter

• Like 1

Mr. Stubbs, Coward was misquoted as saying "very flat, Norfolk". He actually said "very flatulent Norfolk". It's on account of all those sprouts. JCP we've bought a little cottage in Gresham, about 3 miles inland from the sea at Sheringham. It's back to home territory, I used to live nearby in Erpingham (where the Woodfordes brewery was founded, at the Spread Eagle pub). How times change - Woodfordes grew too big for Erpingham and moved to Woodbastwick, and the Spread Eagle went bust and is reborn as the Erpingham Arms. Personally you can keep the wherry - bit thin for my tastes - I prefer the Nelson's Revenge, the Norfolk Nog, and on rare occasions treat myself to an almighty hangover with the Headcracker.

Here's a thing; up in Turdmorden Betty's insurance was costing me £450pa. Sold the house and moved temporarily into a rented flat in Shipley/Bradford to be near work. Insurance went up to £675pa. Moved home to Norfolk ... £250pa. Home and contents insurance is also about a third of what I was previously paying (sorry mods - is that off topic?)

Thank you one and all for your kind words ... it's good to be back in such fine company. I shall be doing my best to drink Nelson's county dry over Xmas! Keep the corner warm Graham :angel:

• Like 3

Oh, and before I left Bradford some nasty little scrote smashed my drivers side window and nicked my sat nav (yes, I know I should have taken it out) ... bust the mirror mount in the process - £400 worth. Poxy insurance company were useless: "Call autoglass" ... "We'll come and have a look, but can't guarantee to fix it today" ... "Oh you can only have a courtesy car if you go to our approved repairer" (bloody miles away). Thanks DM Keith (Skoda) for coming to the rescue - now if only you can make the window wind up and down as it's supposed to when I pop up there in January I'll be well chuffed. (Note to self - you're home, stop talking like a piggin' northerner!)

visited many times by for holiday( North Elmham).

Now here's a thing ... I played cricket for North Elmham in the 1990s!

I've been cowering in the corner after some harsh comments ... but I've been coaxed back out with PM offers of gravy bones by several of you kind people (Thanks folks, you know who you are). Still alive, still well, but hey - no longer in exile in Yorkshire. Betty and I have moved home to sunny Norfolk ... wooo hooo!

We missed you so much wev'e all built you a new corner, with a bar and a wine cellar :cocktail: :beer:

• Like 2

As Bob knows, we spent our holiday "over there" earlier this year, and following his advice found several nice pubs and eating places.

Anytime you're back in the area, pop by! I'll take you sailing for the best view of the Broads. Planning to sell my MG in the spring to buy a little half decker.

We missed you so much wev'e all built you a new corner, with a bar and a wine cellar :cocktail: :beer:

It can't be too comfortable in there, or we'll never get him out!!

Anytime you're back in the area, pop by! I'll take you sailing for the best view of the Broads. Planning to sell my MG in the spring to buy a little half decker.

You never know, but you might get taken up on that.

Mind you, I get seasick in a Mirror dingy!!

Apparently I have "reached my quota of positive quotes for the day". So I'm not allowed to like Graham's last post ... even though I do.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: BOBS back :coffee: :cocktail: :cocktail: its been hell with the corner empty for so long. Now how long will it take to send him to the corner.

Bets being taken but the odds are not very good.

WELCOME BACK BOB, WE ALL MISSED YOU the forum is complete again.

Bob,

I know Gresham, I bought the wood-burner for our cottage from a chap there. I'm afraid I resort to Suffolk ales -IPA from GK or Adnams best -I rarely drink the stronger ones as inebriation supersedes thirst too quickly!

Sold the house and moved temporarily into a rented flat in Shipley/Bradford to be near work. Insurance went up to £675pa. Moved home to Norfolk ... £250pa. Home and contents insurance is also about a third of what I was previously paying (sorry mods - is that off topic?)

We used to see a red one around Baildon. The rental wasn't in Victoria Mill by any chance?

Oh, and before I left Bradford some nasty little scrote smashed my drivers side window and nicked my sat nav..

Scrote indeed. Glad DMK got you mobile. I've always been pleased with them.

Did I mention that in the intervening months I've had a TURP? My second one; last time was in 2007. No fun!

I was going to ask, but then Googled it. Not had that but lots of other stuff in the general area. I try and think of England.

Hey, I have no problem with Madmans ... I'm a Broadside fan ... and Abbott Ale is another favourite. In the good old days I even enjoyed Tolly Cobbold from Ipswich and Ridleys from Essex ... both breweries sadly closed now.

"Bobdog, you have the largest and most mis-shapen prostate I have ever seen" said the consultant. Nice to know I'm good at something! He was Polish by the way ... the term 'Polish plumber' takes on a whole new meaning!

• Like 1

Bob,

I know Gresham, I bought the wood-burner for our cottage from a chap there. I'm afraid I resort to Suffolk ales -IPA from GK or Adnams best -I rarely drink the stronger ones as inebriation supersedes thirst too quickly!

Splendid place isn't it?