Photos of Octavia 3 RS

However, Skoda included the low resolution images of the Octavia RS in the car configurator software on their website either accidentally or to perform a software test on the configurator. Though the company was quick to remove it, those few minutes were enough for the roving eyes on the internet to capture it.

Visual features of the 2013 Skoda Octavia RS

• Sporty front bumper which sports split lower airdam and fog lamp enclosures with honeycomb mesh
  • Daytime running lights in the place of fog lamps
  • vRS badge in the front grill
  • 18? alloy wheels
  • Specially designed ORVMs with glossy black finish
  • Black molding at the bottom of the doors
  • Two quadrilateral exhaust tips, one at each end
  • Rear spoiler

The Skoda Octavia RS is expected to get the 2.0 litre direction injection petrol motor used by the Golf GTi which produces around 220 bhp. A 2.0 turbo diesel engine which generates power in the range of 170-180 bhp is also in the cards.

The Skoda Octavia RS is expected to be officially unveiled next year just before the New Octavia goes on sale.

Read more: http://indianautosblog.com/2012/12/images-of-2013-skoda-octavia-leaked-57384#ixzz2F1KrlDD6

I'll have one of them please, in that colour!! :-)

Make that 2!!

I think the back end makes is look a little like a merc C class

Oh, you've ruined it for me now!!

I like it although was expecting some higher bhp figures to keep in line with some of the other performance cars available. Arguably these are more on 'hot hatch' type cars i.e leon cupra r, vxr, renault rs etc

I like it although was expecting some higher bhp figures to keep in line with some of the other performance cars available. Arguably these are more on 'hot hatch' type cars i.e leon cupra r, vxr, renault rs etc

I dont think they pitch the octavia vRS at the same market though, keeping the power lower keeps costs sensible as well..so you can then market it as the all rounder that people want, a more grown up image but still rapid enough to have fun

its going to have more power and less weight than the outgoing model...so they just say its the fastest octavia yet in all the blurb and everybodies a winner

I personally think its a great evolution of the model..looks more sophisticated. It will be more expensive but people are now more familiar with the brand and may be willing to pay that little bit more for the better quality that this new octavia seems to be introducing. I know I will!

The more I look at that, the more I want it.

But I have a problem, where on the rear bumper do I screw my taxi plate :rofl:

I've only just bought my rs!!!

Could you place your taxi plate in the rear window? Or a half size one in the number plate reces, and a mini plate to the other side?! Im not sure that would be legal though!

Those pipes are great!!!

I've only just bought my rs!!!

Could you place your taxi plate in the rear window? Or a half size one in the number plate reces, and a mini plate to the other side?! Im not sure that would be legal though!

Those pipes are great!!!

We arent allowed to have them on the inside of the rear window :| , and on an octavia you cant get away with a small square plate as it hits the bumper when the boot is shut.

Not sure about the Octy 3 though, so will have to see

I used sticky pads on this one, but have thought about drilling the plate and then putting magnets on it to fix it to the boot

We arent allowed to have them on the inside of the rear window :| , and on an octavia you cant get away with a small square plate as it hits the bumper when the boot is shut.

Not sure about the Octy 3 though, so will have to see

I used sticky pads on this one, but have thought about drilling the plate and then putting magnets on it to fix it to the boot

I would cringe having to drill holes in the body! But I guess you've only got a few options.

I've seen so many RS Taxi's I don't think I've ever seen a alternative "sporty taxi" Maybe I have but I didn't notice it because it wasn't a Skoda! :p

No I dont mean drill the body, I mean drill the plate and fix a magnet to it.

So then the plate attaches via magnets during working hours, and lives in the boot the rest of the time.

Like my door badges and top sign etc do now B)

• Like 1

Does anyone else think that the rear spoiler looks totally unnecessary and naff? I mean, how much downforce does it actually generate other that contribute to the weight of the car? If it doesn't add any downforce at all, is it only there for show? What's the point of having it stuck on there then? Totally superfluous and a bit "Halfords" IMHO.

Edited by Statto

Does anyone else think that the rear spoiler looks totally unnecessary and naff? I mean, how much downforce does it actually generate other that contribute to the weight of the car? If it doesn't add any downforce at all, is it only there for show? What's the point of having it stuck on there then? Totally superfluous and a bit "Halfords" IMHO.

I think it's there for more straight line stability on the Autobahn for example... maybe minimal but it might help. I like the look of a little boot spoiler. It's too subtle to be Halfords! :)

Rear spoilers are all for show on production cars. If they actually did anything, then the first thing they'd ruin is fuel economy.

I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure the (tiny) lip spoiler on the RX-8s improves economy. The US market didn't get one whereas EU did, and we get better MPG with the spoiler. I think it's a lower drag coefficient or something. (That said, the best I ever got was 21MPG, so it's not worth the effort!)

http://www.rx8club.com/rx-8-discussion-3/rx-8-spoiler-functional-116306/

http://www.rx8club.com/europe-forum-36/fuel-consumption-lip-spoiler-5834/

Not much but waffle in those threads. I'd put any difference down to the different EU and US fuel economy test cycles. I'm pretty sure I could tow an RX8 with an octavia and get better fuel economy than the RX8 will get by itself.

If they were functional and necessary, then all cars sold or used in Germany would need them. But clearly this isn't the case.

IMO the stock spoilers are designed to look pretty and not interfere. Like a 1950's housewife, but not as useful.

Hmmm, I'm sure they do help. Why would they adapt them onto the BlueMotion's, Greenline's, and everything else to make it slip through the air easier for fuel efficiency or the ability to get to a higher speed quicker...

You could say it's marketing but you'd be surprised how much wind tunnel testing these companies do. From how the badge sits & wing mirrors etc , to how the rear lip on the boot affects the drag and other small things.