Photos of Octavia 3 RS

Someone has just pointed out something that strangely I hadn't noticed. The rear wiper.

I think it looks too big on the back, good on the estate but not on that, even if it is very practical for a drivers point of view.

• 2 weeks later...

Did I read somewhere that skoda is going to be doing a VR with x power, and a VRS with y power. So giving a mild hatch and a hot hatch.

my guess

It will be more like the Golf 7 GTI

2.0-litre petrol with 217bhp standard and a facory option performance pack taking it to 227bhp

I dont think the photo leak was accidental; Skoda are purposely trying to stir interest in the new vRS. I believe they did something v similar when the Mk2 vRS was to be announced.

I do suspect that Skoda UK will follow the Yeti suit though and not offer any decent discounts on the new Octavia. It will still be considerably cheaper than the equivalent Golf but would I actually want to pay 24-25k for an optioned up Octavia vRS.....probably not. Wait with baited breath to see what they do.

my guess

It will be more like the Golf 7 GTI

2.0-litre petrol with 217bhp standard and a facory option performance pack taking it to 227bhp

You're right about the motor I reckon but I'd be surprised if they offer a plus pack like VW are to do with the Golf. I'd also guesd they'll introduce the 181ps 2.0 TDi shortly after the vRS TSi launch

I will seriously be looking at that as an option when it comes to change my vRS later this year. As long as I can spec sat nav, comfort pack etc as my current beast of burden is a fully loaded ex-demo and I'd really miss all the toys.

I have been told by Skoda Ireland the VRS will be available to order May 2013 any idea when it will arrive into UK dealers?

Any hints from him on Irish pricing ??

The second tailpipe looks like a fake to me.

You can see the backbox behind the nearside tailpipe, but nothing behind the offside one.

I think it might be the angle, because the Super has the 2.0 TSI and thats quad piped too...

201107081113_10.jpg