yes another help me choose a car thread....jap crap

stu_mcl

Guest BigJase88

They are quick!

The 189bhp non supercharged version the corolla tsport is rapidly quick! It eats type r's

So i can only imagine the 215bhp version will be rapid!!

You can fit different supercharger pulleys to them and they can kick out 260bhp

Guest BigJase88

Yes they are awesome!! Sounds epic aswell! Anybody who drives one will have to buy it! Trust me! My tsport (lesser version) has been my fav car to date!

Id love a compressor

Guest BigJase88

Dont know! Revs to 8.2k so with a straight through i cant see why not! Honestly drive one and buy a k+n typhoon! Theres no noise like it! Its mental

They are quick!

The 189bhp non supercharged version the corolla tsport is rapidly quick! It eats type r's

So i can only imagine the 215bhp version will be rapid!!

You can fit different supercharger pulleys to them and they can kick out 260bhp

I know someone with a tsport , its been pretty unreliable, the calipers are known to corrode and seize up and despite a lot of time an effort it still only does 20-22mpg average

As cars get older they need a lot more tlc , thats why many of the cars listed so far will only ever be weekend toys

Guest BigJase88

Any car can be unreliable! You get good ones and bad ones!

I can honestly say mines was faultless. How many people on here with fabia vrs's have had blown turbo's etc?

My fabia never blew its turbo so mines to me was reliable!

Even the good ones will be bad as they get to this age, yours may well have been "uber reliable" i posted anothers experience so that the op doesnt think they all are "uber reliable"

The 1.8 Corrolla /Celica engine is a bit underwhelming though especially after a VRS the official 0-60 time is 8.4 seconds

Guest BigJase88

Mate your talking complete baloney!

That time is completely off its for insurance purposes! I could muller type r ep3's and there 0-60mph is 6.7s

Have you ever driven one? It is honestly the best engine in a car i have ever owned and ive owned a fair few

And how would a say 56plate with 30-40k be unreliable? Im running around in a 100k car thats reliable!

My tsport had 75k on it and it never missed a beat

Guest BigJase88

Now i admit i have never driven the supercharged compressor but going from the tsport i can honestly say i think it will be tremendous!

I do hope the op has a go in one and i can guarantee he'll be impressed

Suppose it would be pretty fair to comapre it to my fabia, both abouy the same bhp with a supercharger

Need to try and find somewhere up here that has one for sale so that i xan have a test drive

Seems like going a step sideways at best rather than step forward if your going for the corolla.. Unless that's the target your aiming for?

Ie if your going to get an older/dated car shouldn't it be a step up in class/performance rather than keeping the same type of car?

Dunno, seems illogical to me.

Is200 looks and feels nice, chassis can handle 300+bhp easily though to get it there needs some serious work. Ss plus bits only gets it to 200s? Insurance and maintenence cost is high, parts aren't cheap. Bit of a white elephant unfortunately.. :( people said go for the is300 for better bang for buck but only in auto iirc. No good.

Friend had an rx8 for 8months, cost him £ks in fuel and oil.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Mate your talking complete baloney!

That time is completely off its for insurance purposes! I could muller type r ep3's and there 0-60mph is 6.7s

Have you ever driven one? It is honestly the best engine in a car i have ever owned and ive owned a fair few

And how would a say 56plate with 30-40k be unreliable? Im running around in a 100k car thats reliable!

My tsport had 75k on it and it never missed a beat

Those are the official figures but I not believe they are sub 7 second cars , claiming road scalps is childish and meaningless, its well known ctr's are difficult to launch well and getting a good 0-60 is an art but at the risk of repeating myself they weigh around the same and have a lot more power and have a quicker claimed time than the Corrolla there is no logical reason they would be slower

My 56 plate Octy was becoming unreliable , cars age , they deteriorate over the years that's just a fact.

I've not driven a tsport but have driven the celica, its wasn't very impressive the vrs would kill it and the vrs is slower than a ctr

Guest BigJase88

The tsport has a lift cam as same as the ep3!

So its not that fact, honestly i could outrun ctr's in gear! And who said on the road! I took it to track days and 1/4 mile runs