What's the most useless car "gadget" you have ever bought....?

curleybar

Can I include something I did not actually buy (obviously) but saw this week in Saffron Walden in one of those shops that used to be Woolworths.

Anyway; wait for it; a false stick on shark fin aerial at £4.99, yes really. I felt it deserved some sort of sad object of the year award, I imagined someone going on Dragons Den with the idea. I could not however imagine someone desperate enough to actually buy one.

• 4 weeks later...

stick on blind spot mirror £2.99 from motorpart shop, really happy with them until I approached my parked car in Asda carpark and noticed someone had obviously got a tad close and side swiped my car taking the full wing mirror I never found it ... renault 12 TL [blast from the past]

LED sidelights.

It took me a little while to realise that all these did was warn oncoming traffic that I was a bit of a tit.

By the time I'd realised they'd all but failed anyway.

Unsuprisingly the standard fit W5W incandescent bulbs worked just fine.

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1

A Pama hands free mobile phone kit that plugged directly into the 12v car socket - had one in my works 1.8D fester van circa 1999. It ended up at the side of the road somewhere after being smashed to bits after a nasty bout of ragequit. A few of those clip on sun visor bluetooth handsfree jobbies followed the same route out of the car too.

BTW, my CREE LED sidelights are working very nicely thanks :giggle:

Swear filter or not, I have sufficient vocabulary to tell some one

they are a brain dead oxygen thief lane hogger without having to swear at all.

I'd want one on the front which displayed in reverse as well. :rofl:

Other favourites would be

"Put your phone down you stupid fat cow and watch the road"

"Isn't it about time you surrendered your licence Grandad?"

"Today would be nice"

"I've noted your details and will be passing them on to the Police"

"Is that heap of junk insured?"

"We drive on the left in this country."

"Put some seatbelts on your kids you stupid woman"

"Exactly how many more people can you fit in a 5 seater?"

"Your lights are dazzling me you retard"

"There isn't enough room in my boot for your car so BACK OFF"

"I have a gun, and I've killed before"

"You can't polish a turd, so stop doing your damn make up bimbo"

I could go on all day :)

Knock yourself out !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Car-Red-Scrolling-LED-Light-Message-Display-Sign-/250843634764?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a67721c4c

I once had a moss security alarm system im an old car. It was great in theory as it armed when the central locking was deployed and unarmed when opened by the moss remote. Sadly it also opened and closed around 5 other cars in its vicinity! And vice versa with other cars opening my car! That came out fairly quickly!

I paid £6.99 on Ebay for a battery jumpstarter that you plug into the cigarette lighter, the blumpf with it said "no dirty cables no having to remember which lead goes where, you don't even have to open the bonnet and get your hands dirty", well that last bit sold it to me, all you had to do was plug it in the ciggie, run the wire out the window to another car and into their ciggie, wait five minutes and SHABANG my car would start, when I did need to use it there was time for me to make next door a cuppa and nick a cig of him whilst still waiting for my SHABANG to happen, several times he offered to use his proper jump leads before I gave up.

I paid £6.99 on Ebay for a battery jumpstarter that you plug into the cigarette lighter, the blumpf with it said "no dirty cables no having to remember which lead goes where, you don't even have to open the bonnet and get your hands dirty", well that last bit sold it to me, all you had to do was plug it in the ciggie, run the wire out the window to another car and into their ciggie, wait five minutes and SHABANG my car would start, when I did need to use it there was time for me to make next door a cuppa and nick a cig of him whilst still waiting for my SHABANG to happen, several times he offered to use his proper jump leads before I gave up.

That's assuming there is another car nearby.