Never take your eye off your kid!

kit

Jeezo. Poor wee man probably has some nasty cuts from the talons. Could have been a lot worse I suppose. I know they can take lambs etc which will be about the same weight as a toddler. Sea Eagles are even bigger and I've read a couple of stories of them taking peoples dogs.

Edit - have now read it is probably a fake, a good fake but fake none the less.

Edited by Aspman

cant really see it being fake..unless you think its ok for an eagle to lift a small child four foot in the air then drop it!!...Plus in the realms of bird attacks its not uncommon for large birds to take fair sized animals, so a small child to a extremly large bird of prey will look like a wee scooby snack! Wasnt there a case in the Falkland's where the Artic Skua's are very aggresive lifing a child from a garden?

• Like 1

What I mean is why has he got his cam out anyways? What is good there to be recording? - The running over could be part of the effect.

with camera phones now, people take pics and video of all sorts of crap, doesn't need to be anything interesting to get the cam out. 10 billion vids on youtube and 99% of it is pointless crap. Look at all the boring vids you get on FB as well, proof positive that these days we'll film paint drying!
  • Like 1

cant really see it being fake..unless you think its ok for an eagle to lift a small child four foot in the air then drop it!!...Plus in the realms of bird attacks its not uncommon for large birds to take fair sized animals, so a small child to a extremly large bird of prey will look like a wee scooby snack! Wasnt there a case in the Falkland's where the Artic Skua's are very aggresive lifing a child from a garden?

+1, plenty of evidence where large birds of prey have taken anything from rabbits to small dogs and even lambs and kid goats.