My Monte Carlo is pulling to the left HELP!

vtaylor92

After a battle with Skoda customer services for a month, then a week at Caffyns Tunbridge wells...,

all is now good with VW 4WA & new set of tyres... I am happy. Thank goodness was about to just throw in the towel!!

What did caffyns TW do to rectify the problem? I have excessive wear on the drivers side tyre on my vrs and it pulls to the left a lot. Not worried about the pull, but I am about the wear

I had to register a complaint with Skoda customer services, then they had it for a week and firstly stated there was nothing wrong with it, then eventually stated

I was right.., after putting another identical cars wheels on mine with conti's on. After 4 wheel aliment it improved a bit.., but then put new tyres on.

Touch wood it is all good. They fitted pirelli pzero's all round.

• Like 1

After a battle with Skoda customer services for a month, then a week at Caffyns Tunbridge wells...,

all is now good with VW 4WA & new set of tyres... I am happy. Thank goodness was about to just throw in the towel!!

Hi, first time to ask a question.

Did Skoda CS say what the problem was and why your car pulled to the left?

Has anyone been to Maidstone Skoda about this problem? I bought my car from caffyns tw, but Maidstone is a lot more convenient. Don't want to take it there though if they will just fob me off.

grapo.

Being armed with all this information about curing the pull problem, you will not be put off.

Members on here have told their stories about this and have had the problem cured.

The Cure is a complete re-alignment, fitting of 4 new tyres, most popular the Pirelli P Zero tyres.

With that information you need  do nothing else. So do not accept nothing and do not let yourself be fobbed off..

If they the dealers don't understand, take with you this.......

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/260271-my-monte-carlo-is-pulling-to-the-left-help/page-7

Edited by Carlo diesel
  • Like 1

I am having the same problem with swmbo'd VRS.

Dealership can't find an issue and are stating there is nothing on the 'Skoda system' regarding this.

Would someone be willing to PM me their Reg number and what dealership carried out the work?  I can then present this to the dealership on Monday when they have it in to check the alignment even though it drives perfectly straight with the winter tyres on and have demonstrated this to them.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe tell the Dealer to pick up the phone, use their Dealer Number, and talk to Skoda UK and stop being muppets.

Or call Skoda UK, get a case number and a contact, tell them what the Dealer told you.

See if yet again, Skoda UK have never heard the likes,

& they are having the Technical Department look into it.

They just like being Ar5es, it would appear

Every chance this is just certain people in certain jobs being utter jobs'worths.

Perseverance and you should get a resolution.  Can't harm to reference the forum and the decent documenting of this issue and corrections applied to other members cars by dealers.

Good luck.

Getting my tyres replaced under warranty right now. Have been told that the pulling to the left has been resolved elsewhere. Apparently, on the vrs this issue can occur on either dunlop or pirelli but swapping the tyres to the other brand solves the problem. This has me puzzled...

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_500 using Tapatalk

They change the Dunlops or Continentals and fit Pirellis. 

Where the Suspension and steering alignment is not actually at fault and requiring no adjustment.

they can just fit another set of Dunlops or Continentals, but matched tyres with the correct run out.

But they make a show of fitting Pirelli.

None of it is Rocket Science and you would think by now that Skoda could just say what is actually at fault.

& a Professional Garage Workshop can say why the car pulled left, 

& maybe say where all these 'Bad Tyres are going',  are they back at Dunlop or Continental to see why they are manufactured wrongly?

george

I would still like all the evidence I can to present to them. They say there is no bulletin, I don't have a bulletin ref so don't really have proof. If I have reg numbers and dealer names I can present this to them.

Better still is Skoda UK forwarding to you the Bulletin Reference Number and Date.   It is there at the click of a Computer.

Just Email requesting it, or for them to Forward it to the Dealer.

If the Dealership Service Desk or Workshop Manager or Senior Technician can not be bothered last week to do the simple thing and pick up the phone, references to other dealers actions really does not count for much.

Better still is Skoda UK forwarding to you the Bulletin Reference Number and Date. It is there at the click of a Computer.

Just Email requesting it, or for them to Forward it to the Dealer.

If the Dealership Service Desk or Workshop Manager or Senior Technician can not be bothered last week to do the simple thing and pick up the phone, references to other dealers actions really does not count for much.

or people on here could post constructive comments to help me. The car is going in for the second time on Monday at 8.30am. I don't think an email to Skoda UK is going to help me by then. If I had a reference number for the bulletin or example cars then this would help me more than an email to Skoda or you telling me to tell the dealer to get off his arse to be honest. I've showed him this thread, he states he can find nothing on the system so as it stands it's stale mate and telling him to do his job isn't going to help me or help them.

Pirelli tyres now fitted and pulling left problem resolved. Car goes straight as an arrow and follows road camber as expected. I'm a happy customer, birchwood eastbourne even vacuumed my car for me. Good luck to all others still trying to get the issue resolved.

jrw,  Who is 'Him'  that can not find the Technical Bulletin',  is it a Mechanic or the Service Reception ?

No need to do their job, your Warranty is with Skoda UK.

Just pick up the Mobile Phone while sitting at the Service Desk on Monday if they can not be bothered to and call Skoda UK and explain you are in a Skoda Dealership and 

they are having problem acting Professionally.

It gets their attention.

You leave the car with them and keep the courtesy car until they resolve the ongoing problem.

The Technical Bulletin is their problem not yours.

The Senior Technicians drives & road tests your car and says if it is right or wrong, safe or not.

If you do not believe it to be safe or performing properly, then Skoda UK need to resolve that.

If one Garage is not Capable they need someplace that is, to do it.

Sorry if that advise is of no use.

Good luck with it.

george

JRW, I've had my tyres changed by Skoda from Dunlops to Pirellis, the dealership I bought the car new from have done the work, they had it for just over a week as Skoda UK were getting them to this then that until they told them to fit a full set of Pirelli PZero Neros which they duly did.

It's fixed the problem although it had to go back in for a day as the balancing wasn't right and the steering wheel was out slightly but it's running straight and true now.

They knew of the problems with the pulling and never tried to deny anything and explained exactly what they'd need to when I first reported the issue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My 6 month old and 6k Monte Carlo Tech also pulls what I would call "violently" to the left and is not, in my opinion, safe to drive. White Dove in Cardiff have so far been fantastic. Cars had 2 wheel alignments, 1with a subframe re position. Have been told today that it will need 4 new Continental tyres to cure. My concern is that this is a temporary fix, anyone who has had an old dog of a car knows that after shedding with new rubber they tend to drive far better! Dealer will contact Skoda to see if tyres can be done under warranty but if tyres are unsuitable why should I pay? Any suggestions appreciated! Regards Paul

Welcome to the forum.

You do not need to pay, they need to provide a safe and fit for purpose vehicle.

Send Skoda UK an Invoice for your out of pocket expenses if they continue to mess you around.

Covering Letter to tell them that any more expenses on from their messing you about and your hourly rate will be charged for time spent back and fore to the Dealership.

The fault will most likely be the tyres, and how they are paired and fitted to the rims.

Easy enough for the Dealership to take 4 wheels and tyres off a Used car with no pull to the left & try on your car.

(if it is not the Tyres, their Alignment/Tracking test and road test should have identified the fault already,

and any adjustment or parts required could have been done.)

So swap the 4 wheels off one of their sales cars,

30 Minutes Job done, they can Charge Skoda for an Hours Labour,

Then get permission to change your Tyres, Skoda can provide them,

then the garage can charge 2 hours for Changing, Balancing & Road Testing.

Dead simple if you type it quickly.

george

Thank you for your reply. Apparently 4 wheels of another fabia have been borrowed and been fitted with the desired results. Are the tyres the actual fault or will the fault re manifest itself as the tyres wear? What tyres are best, Contis or pirellis? cheers Paul

Pirellis have been getting put on to sort things out where drivers had car pulling to the left with the original fitted Dunlop & Continental tyres.

Funny that Continentals are OK to fit at the Dealership, while other Dealerships are removing Continentals to fit Pirelli.

It is not the tyres at fault, it must be something to do with how they fit them to the rims in their factory,

only reason i can think of  that Major Tyre Manufacturers tyres are faulty only when fitted to cars built by the Volkswagen Audi Group.

No word i can find of Europe Wide recalls on Tyres from Dunlop or Continental.

Plenty reporting Skodas and VW's pulling to the left though.

• Like 1