Induction kit

lippylj

After long thoughts about what induction kit to get there were a couple options..

1.forge

2.itg

However..I already had a forge one which I purchased off eBay but didn't like it and didn't give any real power gains and I couldn't face paying £300 for the itg so after a bit of research I stumbled across a bmc cda on eBay for £12,it was the box and filter only so I used the piping off the forge kit and all fitted nicely,sounds and go really well hopefully I'll get some pics up soon.

Thats pretty much the same filter/canister as used in the Forge kit so surely if the forge offered you no real gains(just as i experienced as well) , then surely neither will this?

Not sure about the duct route. Your attempting to pick up air from behind the battery. I had a look at this before deciding whether to buy the Fabia version of the ITG or get the Polo version and from what i can see there is no flow of air present there as there is in the likes of the Octavia vRS and Golf GTI which have air flow from the lower bumper to that exact point whereas in the Fabia that area has no flow from the lower bumper and no flow from the front of the slam panel, only hot air that is circulating around the engine bay. Might be wrth looking into running a duct from the lower bumper area to ensure a good amount of cool air is forced into that area.

Cold air comes in from through the grill where the oem air box got air from,I understand that it will be getting warm air aswell but that set up is just for starters,I'm going to get some more ducting in the next week or so,as for the same as the forge kit,it really isn't the cda is wider and longer with a better filter in it

Cold air comes in from through the grill where the oem air box got air from,I understand that it will be getting warm air aswell but that set up is just for starters,I'm going to get some more ducting in the next week or so,

Have you felt the engine bay after a spirited drive. Its very very hot it certainly doesnt feel like its awash with cool air. If you start ingesting hot air you'll lose power. They

as for the same as the forge kit,it really isn't the cda is wider and longer with a better filter in it

:thumbup:

It will be hot tho when it's idle,I'm thinking of putting some air vents in the bonnet

Im was about opening the bonnet immediately after driving it and then feeling it, not letting it idle and heat up with no air flow.

Must say, im not a fan of air vents, spoilers, splitters, loud exhausts or anything like that. I like the stealth approach.

• 1 month later...

Suppose this is the best place to talk about induction kits :rofl:

Wanting a bit more noise from the VRS and an induction kits seems like the cleanest option. Don't fancy messing about with the exhaust cutting out silencers, wouldn't mind a cat back but the milltek is looking a little pricey. Induction kit is half the price and easy to fit and remove.

However, i know very little about induction kits. I know there is kits that are ready to buy to fit the VRS specifically but there is people on here that have bought the bits and created there own. Does that mean you can buy any housing and filter that will fit and then feed cold air into it or is there ratings for housing and filters that you need to match to the requirements of the car?

Edited by Lewisb1989

If you just want noise, bolt on an open cone filter as they made the most noise... Inclosed ones like the ITG make power gains, but you dont really hear them over the OEM tbh. Thats when you need to start looking into exhausts etc to make more noise.

If you are making your own induction kit you must have a filter thats rated for over 200bhp for these cars as a minimum.

If you just want noise, bolt on an open cone filter as they made the most noise... Inclosed ones like the ITG make power gains, but you dont really hear them over the OEM tbh. Thats when you need to start looking into exhausts etc to make more noise.

If you are making your own induction kit you must have a filter thats rated for over 200bhp for these cars as a minimum.

Well thats cleared that up. Cheers for that.

Looks gd Confide. I've always wondered about protecting your air intake from water. With people cutting out the fins in the grill to aid cold air flow into the engine bay. Ur solution is obviously ideal for cold air intake but what about rain and spray? Potential for engine damage?