hatch area lighting

As everyone else says, although I found the original bulbs to be fairly weak. Replaced them with a couple of LEDs, much better. (No need to worry about bulb failure stuff either ;) )

with regards to led. You need to remember that the light only comes out from the side so 501's with mostly top mounted led's wont work too well

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item45febd5e5b

$(KGrHqR,!l!E-b3n7WVgBP2ji(kwCw~~60_12.JPG

....work perfectly. :) :)

They'll also fit in the puddle lights and part of the cabin lighting too.

There have been a few instances that the bulbs are fine, and it was the switch in the boot latch that was at fault. Common problem if the washer pipe has ever come apart and soaked the boot latch with washer fluid.

Certainly worth checking that there is power at the bulb holders.

Mike

Thanks Mike

Checked bulbs today with a battery, and they are both UK. So must be a fault as you suggest. However, I did notice each bulb holder has a diode in series with the bulb - are these known to fail.? Don't have a meter to check them.

If its the switch, where is it located?

Phil

The switch is an integral part of the boot latch

Mike

Hi just checked again. Diodes are not open circuit, so I think the switch theory is the correct one.

When you say the switch is part of the boot latch - is it located in the 'door' part or the rear panel part? I notice on the door part, there is a small cam on the left hand side of the latch mechanism, which will obviously be pressed as the hatch is closed. Presume this could be the switch operation cam.

Now is the switch a replaceable part - or do you have to replace the complete latch mechanism, Mike ?