Cumbrian Run 2013

Captain Scarlet

Campsite location is at at B on the map below with directions from Keswick. Hopefully the weather will hold and the site will be ok to camp on lol.

It is a very basic site with running water and a toilet....that's it. On the plus side you can talk to all hours, play some music, and have open fires providing they are off the ground. And last year it was charged at the md price of £3 per person per night. There is another campsite a short distance down the road, the posibility of using their showers etc if you want, or there is Buttermere itself if you feel brave... :D

Gatesgarth Farm

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=A5271&daddr=B5289&hl=en&sll=54.592953,-3.127756&sspn=0.026953,0.084543&geocode=FSknQQMdyhvQ_w%3BFdv3PwMdkXfO_w&mra=me&mrsp=0,1&sz=14&t=m&z=14

It is a very basic site with running water and a toilet....that's it. On the plus side you can talk to all hours, play some music, and have open fires providing they are off the ground. And last year it was charged at the md price of £3 per person per night. There is another campsite a short distance down the road, the posibility of using their showers etc if you want, or there is Buttermere itself if you feel brave... :D

I'm sure me and dave got charged £4 pppn and £4 for the car! £12 a night seemed a bit steep to sleep in a field with no facilities! Can we have the price clarified so we know what to expect when we go to pay?

Which nights are people staying? Fri/sat/sun or a combination of the 3?

• Like 1

just clicked on that link ...

This climb is really hard, almost on a par with the infamous Hardknott, and it’s narrow and has tourist traffic, so look out for cars and please don’t block people.

!! Get ready with the brakes as soon as you reach the top (356m), since the descent immediately starts very steeply, the surface is slippy when wet, badly corrugated in places, and there’s a narrow chicane over a bridge part way down. Please be warned that this descent catches lots of people out - if you don’t get the brakes on right from the word go then before you know it you’ll be hurtling down too fast and struggling to get things under control. So take this descent ultra carefully to make sure you don’t ruin your ride with a crash here.

I'm only on shift a small ammount of time, but have been to so many bike accidents down that stretch :( they go too fast and hit the wall before the bridge.

"Be warned - the descent down Hardknott is very VERY steep with extremely tight bends, the road surface isn’t good, and it requires extreme care. Whatever you do don’t let your speed build up, or you’ll be straight off the road and down the hillside, and we don’t want to have to call out the ambulance to pick up the pieces. "

mmmmmm

Ok folks I've sorted the menu for the meal stop on the Saturday evening. A starter and a main course.

Choice of starter :

Soup of the day,

Garlic mushrooms,

Deep fried Brie.

Main :

Steak pie and chips,

Fish and chips.

I'm expecting it to be approx £10 a head.

So have a think please and let me know ASAP when you have decided. I'll send pm's out as well to confirm who is coming etc

1. Captain Scarlet

2. Skud vrs + Leanne

3. Can

4. Red Fox

5. Kermit82

6. Loz + Dave (Maybe)

7. Stu vRS (Maybe)

8. danposs86

9. Miss George

10. Windy (Maybe)

11. vrsadz (Maybe)

12. Sharkrider & Ash

13. Manctavia (& Mrs Mantavia)

14. DraGonVRS (as always)

15. Neo_VR maybe with +1

16. Mike Wrightson (provisional)

19. Gilly & Wibble

Gilly - deep fried brie and fish & chips please.

Wibble - "I don't like garlic mushrooms, I don't like brie. I don't like soup as well, when was the last time you saw me eat soup? Well okay, I like beef broth and 'big soup' but not normal soup. What sort of steak pie is it? Has it got onions in our kidney? I don't like kidneys. What sort of fish is it? Cod or plaice?".

Women eh? :rofl:

• Like 1