Briskoda Photo Game 2013

PastyBoy

I couldnt get enough room from the side but that road is one hell of a gradient and the sign makes it pretty obvious. only one around me anyway! :P stop being picky and worrying about the details! :D|

• Like 1

Been out for a crack at it. Tried reversing up an embankment forwards and backwards but I was afraid of scarping the bumpers :sweat: . Tried side on and bottled out. I really thought I was getting close to rolling :whew:

• Like 3

Some facts from this post:

Front Approach Angle 19,0°

Rear Approach Angle 26,7°

Climbing Ability

Diesel 4x4 60% = slope angle of 31° max

Diesel 2wd 55% = slope angle 29° max

Petrol 1.2TSI - 45% = slope angle 24° max 

Petrol 1.4TSI - 50% = slope angle 27° max 

Petrol 1.8TSI - 55% = slope angle 29° max

And that is probably the most suitable Skoda for challenges like this one... :think:

• Like 1

Some facts from this post:

And that is probably the most suitable Skoda for challenges like this one... :think:

So, am I right in thinking we haven't got a cat in hells chance of getting over 30?

My EWS Choo Choo train challenge doesn't look so difficult after all now, does it? :D

• Like 1

I have an idea of how to manage this... there's a place near me that's fairly steep, not officially a road so likely won't show up, I shall venture out tomorrow. just to check, as the ground's too difficult to get a clear shot of the incline, would a shot next to a digital spirit measure (I say spirit measure, app on my phone) count as verification? if so, I shall head up there tomorrow after work

• Like 1

I have an idea of how to manage this... there's a place near me that's fairly steep, not officially a road so likely won't show up, I shall venture out tomorrow. just to check, as the ground's too difficult to get a clear shot of the incline, would a shot next to a digital spirit measure (I say spirit measure, app on my phone) count as verification? if so, I shall head up there tomorrow after work

You might need a spirit level to show how level your spirit level is ;)

So, am I right in thinking we haven't got a cat in hells chance of getting over 30?

My EWS Choo Choo train challenge doesn't look so difficult after all now, does it? :D

It's OK, you don't need to get over 30o  _  30will do just fine.  :giggle:  

• Like 1

If you can show that the car is actually parked at the required angle, then that will be sufficient to win.

And I will admit that 30is proving to be a little steeper than I originally imagined, though I still believe it's achievable (especially if you happen to have a 4wd Yeti, it seems).

I got well over 30 degree's your not even meant to go down that road anymore :(

Sorry pikachu24, but there's nothing in your photos to indicate that you got anywhere close to a 30-degree (57.7%) incline.

So 1 in 3 then.

No, that would be a 33.3% slope, so around 16 degrees. I'm looking for 30 degrees, which is a gradient of around 1 in 1.7. Tough, but not impossible.

more impossible than finding a bloody train I reckon :(

Well, if nobody's got it by the 7-day deadline, I'll give it to the person who's achieved the greatest measurable angle. Looks like BossFox is in the lead so far.

post-73816-0-87597900-1373737337_thumb.jpg

Straight line goes through the centre of the wheels. However, the car is at a slight angle and not directly side on so not sure if that would give a < or > angle?