Fozen nav screen on Columbus Navigation System

T.C

Hi yeti owners

Can anyone help

When I put a new address into my satnav it accepts the info then a map of germany comes up although it is set for the UK

The screen is frozen and when I switch on the next day it is still frozen

Hope someone can help

Best wishes

Terry Hillier

t[email protected]

Edited by T.C

Hi Terry, welcome to Briskoda.

I only have a Bolero so I'm not 100% sure.

I have a 'standalone' Garmin satnav.

How old is your Yeti??

Maybe it's a warranty job at the dealership.

I used to live in Worthing, and have a few friends who still live there.

I'm in Hove now, but used to live in Apsley Mews next to the TA centre.

If you're free Tuesday afternoon, why not pop over for a cuppa and we can take photos of our Yetis' together. :giggle:

Send any info in a PM and not a standard post.

Hi Terry,

I have a 2010 Yeti Elegance with the same Sat Nav, factory fitted. I recently had a similar problem - the Sat Nav appeared to be 'lost' and wandered out to sea, heading for the Isle of Wight! Can I suggest that you firstly check if your Columbus is 'seeing' any satellites; press the NAV button and then select Current Position. This will show the number of satellites available and how many your header unit can 'see'. When I had the initial problem, my unit showed 0/9, meaning it was not seeing any of the nine available satellites. Initially, Skoda changed the aerial, and all seemed OK. Two weeks later, the same problem returned. Back to Skoda and they changed the piece that the aerial screws into and is mounted on the 'outside' of the roof - it houses some electronic bits for the Sat Nav. This seems to to have done the trick. My Yeti is March 2010 vintage and I had no problems getting it fixed under Warranty. Sparshotts of Fareham gave me a five star service.

Although this may not directly replicate your fault, it may help you check out the system.

Kind regards

BD

. When I had the initial problem, my unit showed 0/9, meaning it was not seeing any of the nine available satellites.

Mine (also a 2010 spec Yeti) has started showing the same problem. It got lost last week and then got better after leaving it for a couple of hours. Its now happened again and doesn't seem to want to fix itself. What is the standard Yeti warrarny period? If its 2 years - I'm just okay. I wonder if I should buy the extended warranty as these antenna components are jolly pricey!

Get it booked in quickly if still under warranty. My Columbus died 2 weeks ago and thank god it was covered by the full maint package with the lease company as at 3.5 years old, Skoda only paid 45% of the £2000+vat eye watering bill. Mine was a different problem but there seem to be more and more issues with Columbus failing for various reasons, makes me :sick: that such an expensive unit does not last the life of the car!

• 3 weeks later...

Mine (also a 2010 spec Yeti) has started showing the same problem. It got lost last week and then got better after leaving it for a couple of hours. Its now happened again and doesn't seem to want to fix itself.

Now had the 'antenna booster' replaced under warranty and all has been fine for a couple of weeks so far.

See my 'Columbus update' thread - this is about to be a recall, according to my dealership: a known problem of failing aerials. Mine to be replaced under warranty next week.