The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread.

BossFox

I believe your own insurance may pay out as a claim by you.

On the flip side, anyone who gets a small tap and then starts doing the 'ooh my neck' thing when the police turn up will be ordered to remain in the vehicle until the fire crew cut them out :) Might make them think twice about false claims.

Happened to my missus - she reversed into a car (about 5 mtrs between them), the other driver said she was fine, got out of her car examined the damage (scrapes to her's new bumper to SWMBO's) and then got back into her car to call her husband.  SWMBO called me. As I was 5 miles away in school time traffic, I told her that if hubby turns up and starts, lock yourself in your car and call the police. Also don't let her sit in your car, if she needs to sit back down do it in her own car.

After the phone calls - she calls me back saying she's been on the phone to her hubby and is now complaining of neck and back pain - I told her to call the paramedics - don't allow her to move out of her car.

Once the paramedics came and checked her out - they said they were calling the Fire Brigade to cut her out - she got out of her car in seconds against medics advice not to move.

She is now claiming she cannot drive due to injury but has been seen driving a brand new car.

Sent all this off to SWMBO's insurance company.  Let them prosecute for insurance fraud.

• Like 2

If I reported dangerous driving, I'd be in the cop shop every day handing in videos.

I never hand in my videos, I just upload to youtube an photobucket. If law enforcement wants a video they can have a link emailed to them.

Last time I decided to be a nice citizen I ended up just under 850 quid out of pocket. Nuh-uh. I learn from my mistakes.

I never hand in my videos, I just upload to youtube an photobucket. If law enforcement wants a video they can have a link emailed to them.

Last time I decided to be a nice citizen I ended up just under 850 quid out of pocket. Nuh-uh. I learn from my mistakes.

850 quid?  what happened?

• Like 1

Not crime of the century, but watch the blue zafira? on the right making his own way in the world

th_MyMovie_zps2a053fac.jpg

I'd be more concerned about the **** in the Pug. Why not just wait and let other traffic through? I think if I were in that octy I'd have gone around it.

• Like 1

I'd be more concerned about the **** in the Pug. Why not just wait and let other traffic through? I think if I were in that octy I'd have gone around it.

All queueing to go right out of the car park, but you're right - he is stopping anyone coming in if they wanted to. 

All queueing to go right out of the car park, but you're right - he is stopping anyone coming in if they wanted to. 

You did the sensible thing and left a big enough gap for him to reverse into. He / She was just being an inconsiderate b'tard.

Am pretty sure that queuing on a roundabout is against the highway code - might be wrong.

A parked video rather than an in motion one, just freaked me out today. First guy walks up pavement with his eyes shut the whole way! More visible in real life but pause video and you wont find them open. Then cyclist came down wrong side of road and stayed there until end of road 200 meters behind me....... Was like being in the twilight zone, cyclist was looking at me too which was unsettling. 

Click to enlarge

vlcsnap-2014-04-17-22h46m06s238.png

vlcsnap-2014-04-17-22h45m04s100.png

This afternoon with a taxi in front of my doing 58mph GPS and a van behind me keeping a nice safe distance along the road, all was well with the world. But in the distance from behind came that typical pratttttttt of a driver. I was less than amused by his overtaking. Good news if you watch video to the end. Tractor KARMA! 

Tailgating van behind me, speeding when overtaking it, ignores oncoming vehicle which braked (could have gone in behind me), tailgates taxi in front of me, then does another of his 'Fast & Furious' style overtakes in his piece of crap Citroen race car/van thingy and speeds off into the sunset / 20mph traffic just ahead :D . Oh and never indicated once :wall:  People like this under my reign would be required to have their car limited to 60mph after first offence and 5mph off for each subsequent one. Ending at 45mph beyond that lethal injection! 

1 day, 22 hours, 19 minutes, 59 seconds and 4 miles down the same road later, I finally caught that Citroen up and on top of it's still dysfunctional speedometer and indicators, it also has a brake light out. 

From video above:

Click to enlarge

vlcsnap-2014-04-15-16h05m55s0.png

Today:

vlcsnap-2014-04-17-23h28m08s180.png

1 day, 22 hours, 19 minutes, 59 seconds and 4 miles down the same road later, I finally caught that Citroen up and on top of it's still dysfunctional speedometer and indicators, it also has a brake light out. 

From video above:

Click to enlarge

vlcsnap-2014-04-15-16h05m55s0.png

Today:

vlcsnap-2014-04-17-23h28m08s180.png

Obviously Skoda envy..  He can't stand being behind a better vehicle so has to be in front so he doesn't have to see your motor.

Obviously Skoda envy..  He can't stand being behind a better vehicle so has to be in front so he doesn't have to see your motor.

I took a huff with Skoda for not fixing the vRS and as a result has an angry looking (substantially cheaper) MG ZT+ behind him, while I plan my next move.

2EE.png

850 quid? what happened?

A pretty serious accident happened in front of me. I had S&R equipment in the car, so once everyone was safe, me and one of the bystanders, a retired police officer, reconstructed the scene. I took around 50 pictures that i later tried to give to the officer that first arrived on scene, but he refused to just take my memory card, and confiscated my brandy new dslr. Practically under gunpoint, might i add, when i refused to give it to him.

That camera was later completely demolished by forensics becuase it had 1gb of built in storage which they wanted to access. Lets just say the bloke didnt know how to disassemble it. He cracked the system board in the process. Do you think they compensated for it? No. I had to sue. I won. And i still havent seen any money two years later.

A pretty serious accident happened in front of me. I had S&R equipment in the car, so once everyone was safe, me and one of the bystanders, a retired police officer, reconstructed the scene. I took around 50 pictures that i later tried to give to the officer that first arrived on scene, but he refused to just take my memory card, and confiscated my brandy new dslr. Practically under gunpoint, might i add, when i refused to give it to him.

That camera was later completely demolished by forensics becuase it had 1gb of built in storage which they wanted to access. Lets just say the bloke didnt know how to disassemble it. He cracked the system board in the process. Do you think they compensated for it? No. I had to sue. I won. And i still havent seen any money two years later.

Goodness that awful! So sorry to hear this. It's crap when some kindness gets thrown back on your face :(

Send the bailiffs in.

Trust me, I tried. Kronofogdemyndigheten (The Crown's Bailiffs Authority) wont let a civilian file against the state, which by extension is the Stockholm Police Service.

So basically, the court ruled in my favour, but to no use. Because I have no authority to file a claim against the Police. Even if they go against the court order. And the coutrs have more importation things to do like letting rapists and murderers go free...

Edited by DaKKs_152

Couldn't they just plug it into a USB slot and read the memory. Thick sods

I honestly don't think they care. When my sister's ex got done for well, everything, they confiscated and disassembled his car in search for evidence. They took the doors off with an angle grinder. That's about the level of competency you can expect from the Stockholm Criminal Forensics Lab.

Why do you think I refused to give up the camera? I knew I was most likely getting a bag of parts back. But I assumed that I at least could assemble it afterwards.

Lessen learned, don't give them your goodies. Post on YouTube and let them download it.

If that happened in the UK. The police would be sued to high heaven.

Lessen learned, don't give them your goodies. Post on YouTube and let them download it.

If that happened in the UK. The police would be sued to high heaven.

No offence mate, but when leos unholster their service weapons and tell me to give them my stuff, I give them my stuff. I don't have the ability to defend myself against a firearm. Hand to hand, I'm sure Home Guard trumps Police training. But unarmed and at a distance, no thanks. I quite like my head without extra ventilation, thank you.

Edited by DaKKs_152

No offence mate, but when leos unholster their service weapons and tell me to give them my stuff, I give them my stuff. I don't have the ability to defend myself against a firearm. Hand to hand, I'm sure Home Guard trumps Police training. But unarmed and at a distance, no thanks. I quite like my head without extra ventilation, thank you.

Are they really likely to shoot you for not handing over your belongings?

Remind me to never break the law in Sweden,

• Like 1