Dead Yeti

bitwobbly

Oh Dear!

After 40,00 trouble free miles our 140tdi Elegance has had to visit the dealer.

Orange engine warning light came on. So they charge £58 to plug in their laptop and concluded that the dpf pressure sensor needed replacing.

They changed that and now saying a new inlet manifold is needed! I am sceptical to say the least.

Anyone aver experiencd the same issues?

:'( to hear your having issues, is your Monster now out of warranty :wonder:

Would get onto Skoda Customer Services ASAP if you feel your dealer is taking you for a ride and in any case look for goodwill; if you are out of warranty it's not by much.

08457 745745

Hope you get it sorted,

TP

Oh Dear!

After 40,00 trouble free miles our 140tdi Elegance has had to visit the dealer.

Orange engine warning light came on. So they charge £58 to plug in their laptop and concluded that the dpf pressure sensor needed replacing.

They changed that and now saying a new inlet manifold is needed! I am sceptical to say the least.

Anyone aver experiencd the same issues?

Firstly, how old is your car?

Secondly, if, repeat if, the DPF pressure sensor needs replacing then why does it also need a new inlet manifold? Has this dealer explained why?

Car is on a 59 plate, they've had it from before Christmas. They seem to be baffled.

I have told them that I want any replaced parts so I can have them checked if nessesary.

Difficult to believe two failures at once.

The only time I have had a car that needed a new inlet manifold was my own fault. It was as a result of me removing too much metal when porting/polishing and balancing it. :@

I agree with bilun777, it sounds a bit iffy.

Fred

• Like 1

The sensor is located at the top of the engine, miles away from the inlet manifold, in fact its on the opposite side of the engine. The sensor is clearly visible after removing the engine cover, small thing with two pipes and an electrical connector.

Isn't the DPF sensor mounted to the DPF itself, on exhaust somewhere?

Would they have to remove the inlet manifold to get to it?

I would be asking why the inlet manifold needs replacing .

Edit: posted the same time as Mannyo

Believe the pressure sensor is located in the photo below approximately 1 o'clock from the brake fluid cap, with the silver metallic heat shield for the DPF behind that.

4896617541_18f0bbfdc6_z.jpg

Although the picture below is an old CBDB 140 the induction manifold can be seen at the front;

4897979474_2bbbe1d434_z.jpg

Sounds like the dealer is clutching at straws; drawback these days of having poor quality apprentice training and resultant Technicians (FE Colleges are pushed to get everyone a qualification no matter if the individual is capable or not; target, statistic and funding driven education culture).

TP

Edited by The Plumber

The dealer has just been on the phone, total bill £557.(incl vat)

Made up of inlet manifold £283 plus vat and DPF pressure sensor £39 plus vat.

I just find it hard to believe that both failed at the same time and that a sensor in the inlet manifold cannot be changed.

I would welcome you thoughts gentlemen.

is an inlet manifold just an inanimate object, no moving parts etc, so what could possibly fail? I would ask for a full explanation of what has failed with the manifold and to see what failed on the removed part!

The pressure sensor I would agree, I had an Audi that had this happen after about 40k.

As stated above would speak with Skoda customer services, unusual for a manifold to 'fail' it is after all a manifold; if its say cracked then that's premature failure and an issue of sale of goods/not fit for purpose etc.

Plus if the sensor did not cure the problem and the manifold did, then why have they not put the old sensor back in and saved you the cost, if the original proved O.K. :wonder:

Lots of questions few answers from the dealer :S

TP

• 3 months later...

Update.

I have to say Skoda customer service have been excellent.

The have paid £255 of the repair, so not too bad as car out of warranty.

Dealer (Eastbourne) has been dreadful.

Thing is it's now due a service, anyone know a good independent near Eastbourne?