Octavia 3 UK pricing and Availability

Also I think the Elegance model is overpriced, for the same money by the time you've added metallic paint you can get a nearly new and fully loaded BMW 5-series http://www.approved....jA4MERXNjk4NzU=

Unless these are going to be discounted from the word go? Had a quick look on drivethedeal but couldn't see anything yet

Edited by J400uk

That BMW is a manual 5-series, which means resale value will be very low.

It also has runflat tyres, no spare wheel (and no space for one).

If you want a manual diesel 5-series to run into the ground, then it might be ok for you, but I'd avoid just because of the runflats personally.

Those alloys are also ugly.

Edited by Herschel

Also I think the Elegance model is overpriced, for the same money by the time you've added metallic paint you can get a nearly new and fully loaded BMW 5-series http://www.approved....jA4MERXNjk4NzU=

Unless these are going to be discounted from the word go? Had a quick look on drivethedeal but couldn't see anything yet

I believe this is one of the Olympic fleet BMW provided. They are dumping all the cars "cheap", hence such a good price. If you do a used search some dealers have there existing stock and some of the Olympic fleet, there being a reasonable price difference between the two.

I'm interested to see what the vRS spec is. But without the 'virtual' VAT free deal and an overall upping of specifications and price, the vRS with DSG and diesel could easily be way over £25,000!

That's scary, considering my current car cost me just over £18,000 new in March 2010 with the benefit of 24 months interest free!

The VRS hasn't always been the most expensive or highly specced variant so it won't necessarily be more than the Elegance - we'll just have to wait and see.

I'd be most tempted by a diesel VRS with a sunroof, ideally in estate form. As long as I can squeeze that in under a £25k company car limit I'll be happy enough.

I think £24/25 for the diesel hatch with metallic and a similar spec to the elegance would still be good value against what it's up against.

I think £24/25 for the diesel hatch with metallic and a similar spec to the elegance would still be good value against what it's up against.

I think that's fair, it's just a bitter pill to swallow for someone like me who's on his 4th Octavia (all bought from new and kept for 3 years each). The reality is that Skoda is roughly at the same level as mainstream manufacturers in terms of brand, so price rises are going to happen.

I'll probably keep my current car a 4th year, shame, I was looking forward to an Octavia III, but never say never as there might be some deals.

I'm tempted to see an estate.

Just a shame Skoda dont make an MPV - unless thats changing this year?

There is talk of a Skoda 'Touareg' variant coming to market next year....................and a 7-seat (so bigger) Yeti.

Edited by Herschel

I'm interested to see what the vRS spec is. But without the 'virtual' VAT free deal and an overall upping of specifications and price, the vRS with DSG and diesel could easily be way over £25,000!

That's scary, considering my current car cost me just over £18,000 new in March 2010 with the benefit of 24 months interest free!

You guys are funny with prices. My 2010 vRS, with leather, sunroof and tow bar cost almost $50k. On current exchange rates, your 18k car should've cost me around $27k. Let's see what the price difference is with the new car..........I expect to be paying $50k again :(

Where is the 1.8TSI? Coming later or on the Skoda UK banned options list?

They probably won't bother with it in the UK, doesn't look like the Leon or Golf are getting it either as I've only seen it on the new A3 price list so far.

However... the 1.4 TSI is now 140PS as confimed in the AutoExpress article today so that will offer the same sort of performance as the outgoing Octavia 1.8 TSI 160PS given it weighs a lot less.

Presumably there are more variants to follow? No petrol DGSs, no 1.8 petrol? So currently none of the UK models have the more sophisticated rear suspension?

I also see that the £16k S has black door handles and mirrors - very upmarket...

Far overpriced

Basic S spec Octavia i can have a better equipped and longer warranty on a Hyundai i30.

But that's a lot smaller and I'm pretty sure the spec on the base model isn't great.

You need to be looking at the i40 for a comparable car.

Far overpriced

Basic S spec Octavia i can have a better equipped and longer warranty on a Hyundai i30.

That isn't actually true, the closest equivalent spec i30 would be the Active at £15,525 but even then the Skoda has plenty of extra equipment e.g. DAB and CD Changer and the 1.2 TSI is far more modern and sophisticated compared to the dated old 1.4 N/A you'd find in an i30. This is before even taking into account the fact the Octavia has vastly more interior space.

Thought I'd read they were not fitting the 1.2TSI into the new Octy; anyway the base model S looks better value than the Rapid to me.

TP

I was just thinking that myself re the 1.2tsi! And where is the one I'd want - the 1.8tsi! :(

the 17K I paid for my L & K 3 years ago looks very cheap now compared to the Elegance. £1000 extra for xenons,£600 for leather,£500 for metallic on the new model.Plus its a smaller engine. Admittedly I did get the VAT offer!!

Specs and options prices

http://www.skoda.co....es/default.aspx

I'm really looking forward to see what Skoda UK make of the VRS, I'm hoping they spec like the Elegance except omit the standard auto-dim mirror, sat-nav and auto wipers but add 18" wheel definitely makes the likely £23k for the TSi and £24k for the CR not too bad.

I also hope that cornering fogs can be programmed in with VAG.com, if it can it's a joke that they want to charge £100+ for the privilege.