Another Yeti sized competitor from Peugeot

Don't worry Lee, I don't think any of us have ever said the Yeti is pretty, but it certainly isn't fugly.

John........................

Fred, well done. would you like a gold star?

Indeed so, SS.

TBH I did wonder for a millisecond prior to typing that...and obviously should have checked.

I disappointed myself and Mrs. Watson, the English teacher, when I achieved a Grade 4 CSE in English at my Sekondry Skool in 1967. And clearly haven't improved since :-)

I refer here to someone (who achieved better than Grade 4 CSE) who writes.....

Lie and lay are two different verbs. Their different use is not to do with "people or things" but to do with "subjects and objects".

"Lie" is intransitive, ie it is a verb that just needs a subject, in this case "Jim".

"Lay" is a transitive verb so must have both a subject and a direct object, eg "Jim finally managed to lay down his head" or even "Jim finally manged to lay himself down".

So "Jim finally managed to lay down" is wrong because the object is missing. "Lie down" is okay as that verb doesn't take an object.

Part of the reason this is hard to remember is that the past tense of "lie" is "lay". So you can say "Jim finally lay down" because that is just the past tense of "Jim lies down". But again you cannot say "Jim laid down" (the past tense of "Jim lays down") as there is no object, ie "what was laid down by Jim ?".

However LG wouldn't dream of picking that up...he's dropped a few himself along the way....didn't have to go back too far to find :-

Sorry George, must be a Scottish thing!

and sorry but I've lost my smillies here so I'll have to do it like this: ;-)

Unless, of course, it turns out that 'smillies' are a Gaelic thing that we don't know about. :)

Edited by oldstan

Indeed so, SS.

[snip]

However LG wouldn't dream of picking that up...he's dropped a few himself along the way....didn't have to go back too far to find :-

Sorry George, must be a Scottish thing!

and sorry but I've lost my smillies here so I'll have to do it like this: ;-)

Unless, of course, it turns out that 'smillies' are a Gaelic thing that we don't know about. :)

In this context I believe smillies = marbles :giggle:

• Like 2

Careful now, dbg, we've had a reminder that this is all very inappropriate....

Best get back to the shape of Peugeots and the like.

Remind me again please what the original topic was?

Keep up at the back, will you??

The new Pug that isn't a Yeti, or a photopropped TiggyWinkle

I lost those years ago, in fact I'm not even sure I had many to start with!!

Graham, I believe you will find your marbles under the bed.

Along with the will to live. ;p

Graham, I believe you will find your marbles under the bed.

Along with the will to live. ;p

No. Having recently moved I know they aren't there. A couple of sleeping bags, some model railway magazines, and a sealed case of Burgundy, but no marbles.

Do you think I have permanently lost them?

Can I buy replacements, or does anyone have any spare?

the degree of bowfing-ness or fugliness of the Peugeot (pushing the linguistic envelope again)

In my opinion the Pug outfugles the Yeti. :rofl:

Graham, a gold star would be most acceptable, I thaang you..

Fred

as we were discussing marble runs, here is my vote for the best one !

And Yes.... I know they are not strictly marbles....

What a load of boll---- balls ;)

This is better looking than recent wide mouthed Pugs, but I don't like the rear lights. It looks like most other cars of this kind, it could be Korean (no bad thing) or anything. Peugeot have lost any charm they once had - I'm thinking cars of mid 70s like the 404! I doubt this will look nice inside, so many have over complicated centre units that remind me of naff looking hi-fi's.

I still like the Yeti looks, I was driving behind one recently (a rare occasion) and I thought how nice and solid it looks. Still looks well proportioned, which after a few years familiarity is unusual. Maybe because I hardly see any on the road in London they're still fresh looking.

I had a hire Pug 308 or 309 or something like that in Spain a few years back. The first thing I did was connect the sat nav into a cigar plug between the seats. It didn't work, so I pulled out the plug and with it came all the plastic trim which didn't give me any confidence. It was fun to drive and economical, but ultimately horrible. I'll be surprised if Peugeot are still around in 5 years, would the world be a worse place if they went? Citroen make more desirable cars, and they're pretty much the same underneath.

PSA, who own Peugeot & Citroen, are part way through a program to merge their company owned UK dealerships to sell both brands and reduce the number of outlets. Don't know if all PSA owned dealerships will become multi-branded but I understand that only a minority are now independently owned.

Some Renault & Nissan outlets have also become dual branded outlets, and many are owned by Renault/Nissan itself.

The European car marked is currently in the doldrums, and according to a couple of this week's TV news items, Britain is one of the few markets that is still buoyant.

Skoda is clearly doing something right, and long may the Yeti be a flagship model for them.

Edited by speedsport

Skoda is clearly doing something right, and long may the Yeti be a flagship model for them.

Oh let's hope no Superb owners read what you said there!!! I think they think their car is the flagship. Which in 3,6 litre petrol 4x4 mode, I suspect it certainly is!!!

• Like 1

Oh let's hope no Superb owners read what you said there!!! I think they think their car is the flagship. Which in 3,6 litre petrol 4x4 mode, I suspect it certainly is!!!

Well put the 3.6L petrol in the yeti ... then we'll show 'em. (Only jesting!!)