Jumped Ship.....

spinna

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since i've posted....

I jumped ship on Saturday and Part-ex'ed the Fabia.

I've got a Leon now, but still find this forum enjoyable and relevant.

I think i'll stay around if that's ok.

P

Loving it, espcially all the toys.

Tenth Car I've purchased, but first new new car ever, in 27 years of driving.

May takes pics when i've had a chance to do a few more miles and give it a proper wash,clay-bar, wax etc.

Yeah. I've just opted out of Fabias after owning five (I think). Got an Audi A1 Sportback Sport. Very nice but gotta say I miss some of the Fabia touches, like masses of storage - the A1 has very little. And silly little things like the parking ticket holder on the windscreen. Oh, and, big thing, no spare wheel. Grrrrr. Just a tube of goo.

But the A1 drives well and does have a lot of toys. Still getting used to the Stop-Start.

Still, my wife's getting a new Fabia this week. 1.2 tsi Elegance. Hope it's as good as the 1.6 Fabia she's trading in.

Yeah. I've just opted out of Fabias after owning five (I think). Got an Audi A1 Sportback Sport. Very nice but gotta say I miss some of the Fabia touches, like masses of storage - the A1 has very little. And silly little things like the parking ticket holder on the windscreen. Oh, and, big thing, no spare wheel. Grrrrr. Just a tube of goo.

But the A1 drives well and does have a lot of toys. Still getting used to the Stop-Start.

Still, my wife's getting a new Fabia this week. 1.2 tsi Elegance. Hope it's as good as the 1.6 Fabia she's trading in.

Ticket holder and spare wheel I really miss!

But I'm compensated by the DAB, Satnav, Xenons, LEDs, parking sensors, cruise control, integrated Bluetooth, auto wipers and lights for starters.......

Was tempted by a Leon FR DSG a couple of years ago but was put off by the horrendous plasticky interior. Good value for money motors tho. Just hope they have sorted the interior for the next generation!

• Like 1

In the process of doing something similar myself, chopping my vRS for an Octavia Blackline DSG estate. Opportunity to buy last of a run out model as a brand new car with a huge saving was too good to ignore; cheap and not having to wait months for a factory build. There will be no decent offers on new Leons or Octavias for some time to come.

Goes without saying that whilst the Octavia isnt ultimately quite so fast as the Fabia, it beats it hands down in pretty much every other area; ride, handling, brakes, comfort and perceived build quality, refinement....still theres a good 4k margin between the two cars so its largely to be expected.

Hopefully you got a good deal on the Leon as its about to be replaced with a new totally different model, just like the Octavia later this year.

In the process of doing something similar myself, chopping my vRS for an Octavia Blackline DSG estate. Opportunity to buy last of a run out model as a brand new car with a huge saving was too good to ignore; cheap and not having to wait months for a factory build. There will be no decent offers on new Leons or Octavias for some time to come.

Goes without saying that whilst the Octavia isnt ultimately quite so fast as the Fabia, it beats it hands down in pretty much every other area; ride, handling, brakes, comfort and perceived build quality, refinement....still theres a good 4k margin between the two cars so its largely to be expected.

Yeah guys,

Car is kitting out and about 4K cheaper than it should be and a lot cheaper than the new model, due in March.

Got it for £14.9k instead of £18.6k

• Like 1