Where to sell Citigo?

estorilblue

Due to a change in circumstance, we are selling our 62 Citigo elegance. I know the usual ways of selling, Freedom boards and eBay etc, but considering the car is nearly new, does anyone have any other suggestions?!?

Shame to see it go.

Obvious call is dealer on a car worth that much.

Selling privately is fine, but I find the market is smaller as a lot want dealer security and finance.

Anyone buying is going to want to save a bit over a new one though.

At least a dealer can usually buy it within a short timescale.

If you think you can get more, it's worth the usual ways first.

Briskoda, autotrader, ebay... but ther latter can mean dealing with timewasting dreamers.

All great advice, just be prepared to lose a small fortune as nearly new will have lost the VAT and a chunk already. You can expect to lose up to 3k.

Not exactly true.

Contrary to popular belief cars do not lose the VAT as soon as they are registered or driven.

Otherwise all the nearly new cars out there would be 20% cheaper than the new ones.

It's all to do with what the dealer thinks they can sell the car for and how much they want to earn.

On a small (cheap) car like the Citigo that can costs 10k or less, you are not going to lose £3k in under 6 months.

• Like 1

I haven't noticed what the mileage is. Did I see that you've used it as a driving school car? Apologies if I've got that wrong. Always worth trying a selection of different dealers. Might be worth trying a couple of London dealers? If I'm allowed to mention it I got my Yeti from the main dealer in Isleworth in west London. Or the site sponsors here might look favourably? A two hour drive and a train back might show a profit over a local firm....certainly did when I bought the Yeti.

Thanks for the info guys.

The Citigo we are selling is a personal car, and not a driving school car. Purely selling due to a change in circumstances.

It's well spec' d so hopefully it will stand out from others that are for sale (stripes, spoiler etc)

I think it's done around 800 miles from memory.

I'd agree with Richard its all down to the dealer in question. For example my 500 is "worth" to the dealer's £8500 which is a loss of 5140 from the list price. Yet you will not see a twinair that cheap anywhere..

Dealers have high ppu on used cars than new

Average £750-1500 depending on car

Ppu. =Profit per unit

At Vauxhall we averaged 1000

End of the day they need to get fed as well

If you need a quick sale dealers

If not private

Guest Tsi Fly

Thanks for the info guys.

The Citigo we are selling is a personal car, and not a driving school car. Purely selling due to a change in circumstances.

It's well spec' d so hopefully it will stand out from others that are for sale (stripes, spoiler etc)

I think it's done around 800 miles from memory.

I am interested in a 5 door. Wouldn't want to break any forum rules though.

Dealers have high ppu on used cars than new

Average £750-1500 depending on car

Ppu. =Profit per unit

At Vauxhall we averaged 1000

End of the day they need to get fed as well

True, people do moan sometimes but they have invested £££ and need to see a return, pay tax on earnings (and I think VAT on the difference between selling and buying price) along with all the other site and staff costs.

It's not something I'd want to have to do if I am honest, you start each month with £0 sales and have to work at it.

Having said all that Preston Motors (forum sponsor) have always given me fair prices that made selling privately not worth the hassle.

• Like 1

All cars take a big hit in the first year.It does not matter if the car is one day old or one year old.A 20% drop is good going.Some cars shed 40% in the first year.

Car sales staff will tell you its the wrong colour,wrong spec,customers will want to buy new,but ok, seeing as i like you so much i will take it off your hands but your £10 000 car is now only worth £8000. If you sell it to them,then drive past the showroom the following week,you will see it advertised as the best colour,the best spec that everyone wants ,and a bargain price of only £9500. It always makes me laugh!!

I do agree even saying all this, that it is still best to sell to a dealer.You know the cheque will not bounce.Its a quick sale,and think how much it costs to advertise to sell private.