40000 miles in 3 years

Ant-Vrs

Hello people I've had my vrs 3 years nearly to date and covered 40000 miles in it. I am thinking of selling up as I don't want to lose to much on the car. Do you think this is am good idea? I've already seen afew motors I would like which are newer and less miles. Also hopping to get a new job soon which is 22 miles a day closer to home so really no need for a diesel

Ant

That mileage is pretty low to be honest. Mines a 05 and fast approaching the big 100k. I would keep hold of it. The more n0bs who keep writing them off means they will retain some value. Well thats what I hope!

Mines a 2006 with 105k on the clock. How much are you really gonna lose now?

Its worth what 3k on trade in if that? Nowt in the grand scheme of things. With the missus being pregnant I'm begining to think it makes more and more sense to keep the car as a potential shed whilst the kid is growing up. Yes I would love a lot more space, but with work on house going on, buying baby stuff I cant for the life of me think about selling a car which is worth only 3k with over 100k on clock..

We just got rid of a Seat Cordoba SE 130. Our reasoning was that we are going to change anyway at some point so why not do it while the car is worth something.

It was a 2004 '53 plate with 111,000 on the clock and getting a little ropey!

Phil

You got a diesel to do 44 miles a day? It's rare I find other peoples posts funny but that did make me crack a smile.

Your car has depreciated significantly, selling it and taking that hit is bad enough, sinking the money (and more) into a newer car that'll depreciate more money more quickly is totally at odds with you wanting to avoid depreciation.

As you already own your car outright and are being offered 3k p/x you've not got that much to loose, keep it and enjoy it.

• Like 1

Hello people I've had my vrs 3 years nearly to date and covered 40000 miles in it. I am thinking of selling up as I don't want to lose to much on the car. Do you think this is am good idea? I've already seen afew motors I would like which are newer and less miles. Also hopping to get a new job soon which is 22 miles a day closer to home so really no need for a diesel

Ant

You have PM

You've got to see the cost spread out over the time you've owned it. Say its depreciated by 2k over 3 years. It's cost you £55 a month to have a nice car or 0.5p a mile!. Not too bad considering you'd loose that on a new car as soon as you drive off the fore court!

If I had the chance to do less miles and have a Polo/Golf Gti I'd jump at the chance! They hold there value well anyway and most of the depreciation will have been done by now.