Filthy cars

Dudeoli

All depends on the conditions, road salt, wide tyres close the the corners of the car - it's gunna happen. Mine's pretty grotty at the moment and I only do 20 miles a day in it, and that was after cleaning it on boxing day. When I took it to Aberdeen and back in November, now THAT was bad. My dad's Mercedes A Class is also really bad for it too. Can't imagine what mine would be like without it's flaps!

Post Scotland trip - excuse the dodgy parking

7C7A4BDD-8AE2-47E6-BABD-13F6C3699840-2397-000001594C157675_zps55d7b25c.jpg

I spent a lot of time stuck behind wagons on the A1 as well, meaning that yes the front can get bad too. Snapped this one 150 miles in after running out of screen wash

14FD5602-EE1C-4DDF-943D-A0DD7FF64216-2397-0000015940EFF2D9_zps44028b62.jpg

Headlights were on in that one by the way!

I've not cleaned mine since some time in the summer (June?) about 8,000 miles ago and it's pretty minging now. The wheels are particually nasty. As long as the lights, windows and plates are clear then I'm not fussed.

Being silver there's no point spending ages cleaning it as it doesn't look much better. At least being dirty it's got 'character'.

I clean it once a month, problem I get is I'm very particular (anal?) and like to do it myself. Living where I live now, I can't do that, and the roads are so bad that I'd get in from the local hand car wash, ready to wax it under shelter, but can't due to it being dirty again. So yep, no beading either :(

Like TriggerFish, if I can see out of it (and mirrors don't forget), I'm happy. I know why Skoda give the tailgate that strap though! And the 3 button key is definitely a help :p

• Like 1

I drive a BMW - mirrors, like indicators, are an option! ;) Although in all serious they are shielded so tend to stay clean mostly.

Nothing beats cleaning a car for showing how anal you can be! I tend to clean my Polo frequently, although that's SORN'd now so not really able to get dirty.

And having to do a final year dissertation leaves a lot less spare time than I'd like. :(

Yep I've got a hefty work load, when I'm not doing a music degree, I'm working as a call centre slave, plus I've been asked to play in a band or two as well (quite handy as session work has been drying up!). So I can guarantee, the car's gunna be getting pretty dirty within the next few months I reckon!

• Like 1

Yep I've got a hefty work load, when I'm not doing a music degree, I'm working as a call centre slave, plus I've been asked to play in a band or two as well (quite handy as session work has been drying up!). So I can guarantee, the car's gunna be getting pretty dirty within the next few months I reckon!

I feel your pain there - working part time as front line/1st line IT support - answering phones and dealing with people who can't find their way to the toilet without help. Still, it keeps the car running (and, to keep on topic, makes sure there's not enough time to make it clean)!

Definitely. I'm at the stage now where I don't enjoy driving now because I'm doing so much of it with not much in return (apart from money at the end of the month). Once music work picks up again I'm hoping to be able to leave where I work and focus on being a musician (the insurance company will love that!)

Nope, they were just that dirty they weren't shining through. The services I stopped at had watering cans and sponges at the ready though! I do now have a dipped bulb out though, went this morning. Quite irritating really as I've only had it in a couple of months. Good job MTEC do guarantees!

Can't believe how many morons have been driving cars today that are still covered in snow! Many had plates, lights, roof, bonnet and even windows still covered in snow! I know my fabia is caked in snow but I've not driven it today, but when I have to go out in it later I will clear snow off it as best I can, only takes a minute!

Very rarely get to clean my car these days, used to most weeks but that's children for you. I did clean the plates though last week when I hoovered the inside.

It was more down to the wife saying she couldn't read my plate

Very rarely get to clean my car these days, used to most weeks but that's children for you. I did clean the plates though last week when I hoovered the inside.

It was more down to the wife saying she couldn't read my plate

:happy: Why are your plates inside?

:giggle: