Ice warning buzzer

Duke172

my car doesnt do this every time.... dont know why but seems it only beeps if its been warm for a few days again before it gets cold...

i.e, it hasnt beeped in about 2 days now because its stayed below 4 degrees, so tomorrow morning when i go to work and it says -3.5 it still wont beep, but if it was 8degrees tomorrow and then -3 again on sunday it should beep again.

Does this sound right to everyone or do yours beep everytime it goes below 4 degrees.

my car doesnt do this every time.... dont know why but seems it only beeps if its been warm for a few days again before it gets cold...

i.e, it hasnt beeped in about 2 days now because its stayed below 4 degrees, so tomorrow morning when i go to work and it says -3.5 it still wont beep, but if it was 8degrees tomorrow and then -3 again on sunday it should beep again.

Does this sound right to everyone or do yours beep everytime it goes below 4 degrees.

Yes that is the way VAG mean this warning to work, as do other vehicle makers.

IT does the same thing when the temperature is below -4C or so, ie it will bing to warn of slippery conditions if the temperature rises from -8C or so up to -4C or so.

Its round about these temperatures, ie +4C<>-4C that skid risk is greatest, below -4C or so there is a bit more grip and likewise above +4C.

I would too like this turning off - I find it a driving hazard as when you hear the noise you look straight at the dash board hoping it isn't a warning light!

Driving hazard.....surely a bit over the top. Do you find the speedometer a driving hazard too?(you have to look at that sometimes)

Driving hazard.....surely a bit over the top. Do you find the speedometer a driving hazard too?(you have to look at that sometimes)

I disagree - At a quick glance I know what speed I am doing and I know when it is safe to look at my speedo. If driving and I hear the buzzer I don't think to my self I will wait to check the dash when it is safe my eyes automatically start scanning the dash. Anything could be happening in front of me at that time.

I've noticed coming from a 2000 plate Fabia to a 2006 plate Fabia, that the old car didn't make a sound, but the new car does make a sound.

I don't mind it making a noise, and flashing the temperature, but I think 4 degrees is a bit high on it. I may understand if it was 1 degree of lower for a sound.

My Mk1 56 plate beeps and the onboard computer stays showing the temp, her indoors Mk2 58 plate beeps, but only shows the temp for a short while before revering to previous onboard computer display, i.e average or current economy etc.