What ah battery does your FL Octavia vRS have?

What ah Battery does your FL Octavia vRS CR diesel have?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What amp (aH) Battery (OEM) does your FL Octavia vRS CR diesel have?

• Up to 61aH
    • Up to 72aH
    • More than 72aH
    • I dont drive an FL Octavia vRS CR diesel
    • My battery is non standard (OEM) Please give reasons in the Thread
  2. 2. What amp (aH) Battery (OEM) does your FL Octavia vRS 2.0 Petrol have?

• Up to 61aH
    • Up to 72aH
    • More than 72aH
    • My battery is non standard (OEM) Please give reasons in the Thread
    • I dont drive a FL petrol vRS
  3. 3. Has your Battery ever failed and you either had to start it with jump leads/Battery charger or call 'Skoda Assist'?

• Yes (Please give details in the Thread)
    • No

Hi,

My car is about a week off its 3rd birthday. I've thought for about the last 6months that my battery was a bit iffy. I had the car serviced just over a week ago...a few days later we were back at the dealers to pick up my wifes Fabia (2nd service)..left the wife in the Octavia with our little boy asleep in the back...she kept the fan on with the engine switched off...5 mins later...oh dear..flat battery. The guys at Progress Letchworth pushed the car into the garage, tested the battery (dead), checked the alternator (fine), replaced the battery...and all I had to do was sign a piece of paper...still under warranty...Result! :-)

Failed a few times now - do 20 mile commute each way to work too.

Its going in for a service next week and its on their list.

Battery not up to the job with CH/LH lights, Columbus, Bluetooth, Glowplugs, heated seats etc.

Ive stated this too

Checks made ..no discharge measured

Its just not up to the job as I said...If no fault found they will not replace it

Nor will they replace it with a higher aH battery which would, IMO, solve the problem

Hi

My battery just failed this morning, its a cheap **** 61ah battery i say cheap ****... its a brand ive never heard of, im a mechanic... ive seen alot of batterys haha

So im off to haldfords to get a new one, i get 30% off with my trade card so ill probably go for a calcium or a bosch silver.

A 77ah silver battery is probably abit excessive for a 2.0 tfsi petrol tho :/

Mine is 61aH as well.........and a diesel!!

It makes no sense to me as the diesel requires more power to start the engine

I really am not very happy at all

Yet my Tsi has a 70Ah battery and so does my brothers. I wonder if certain options means a change in battery Ah

My61Ah battery failed last week on my 2010 Octavia VRS CR170 which entailed a 1.5mile trek in the dark with my 6 YO daughter to take her to Rainbows, she was quite upset that she would miss it! took the car in to Lookers in Stockport ( worse than useless service centre) and after two days I got a slip of paper that basically said it was 50/50 and needs a charge...refused point blank to change it!

tried to point the finger at some of the aftermarket goodies I have fitted....basiclly the battery is not up to the job....off to get a VARTA Silver 77AH now!

Mine is 61aH as well.........and a diesel!!

It makes no sense to me as the diesel requires more power to start the engine

I really am not very happy at all

Won't vote as it's not an FL, however the PD140 had a low 60's Ah battery and had much electrical weirdness with light dimming, hard starting etc.

Changed to a high 70's Bosch Silver and it's been trouble free since.

I'd say you're right with the battery being an issue. Just enough as long as you drive long journeys, but if not you're in trouble.

IIRC the CCA on the bosch was much higher too.

• Like 1

Skoda at the cut backs again lol, not fully out that stigma yet..!!

I would and i know its not ideal i know that just bite the bullet order a new decent battery from eurocarparts using the discount Chris.

You wont get anything from Skoda trust me and if it does fail at that crucial time its hardly worth it.

Weirdly if you put into eurocarparts they recommend a 70Ah battery.

on....2012 VRS petrol. 60ah battery fitted. just checked.

Yet my 2011 & my brothers 2012 petrol Vrs's have 70Ah batteries. Does the factory fitted options have anything to do with it ?