Bulbs

The lights in my VRS are only a single pair of H7 lamps. I changed them to the Philips ones a couple of days ago.

Full beam is achieved by flipping up a filter inside the projector, not another lamp.

Not true. It depends if you have the FL fabia or not. The facelifted fabia has two bulbs per side. One for full and one for dipped.

My VRS is a week old. Definitely only two H7 lamps in it...

I suppose you opened the hood and checked it?

http://carlook.net/data/db_photos/skoda/fabia_rs/2nd_f/skoda_fabia_rs_2nd_f_hatchback5d-945.jpg

One in projector and one besides it.

This is true If not skoda decided to change the lights for 2013.........

We have separate main beam lights on our Fabia, we have standard silver looking head lights, my mate has the black pack head lights and he only has single headlight with a filter like stated higher up this thread.

So some have four bulbs, two for dip and two more for main, this would be with silver headlamp reflectors.

Other cars have just two bulbs that do dip and main beam in the same light.

I have the black pack as well but with 4 h7 bulbs..

In that case then I am totally confused. My mates car has blue bulbs just filling the hole where our car has main beam. I think photographs are needed to clarify.

I suppose you opened the hood and checked it?

http://carlook.net/data/db_photos/skoda/fabia_rs/2nd_f/skoda_fabia_rs_2nd_f_hatchback5d-945.jpg

One in projector and one besides it.

This is true If not skoda decided to change the lights for 2013.........

Yes, I changed the two bulbs to the Philips ones. The place where the main beam is in that jpg is not wired up and just has a blue bulb in there filling up the hole.

When enabling full beam, the shutter rises on the projector. No other light sources switch on.

As James says, I have a year old Fabia VRS with the black pack lights, like Rachel's car my VRS has one H7 in each light and when you flick it to full beam you can hear the filter move to give you full beam.

The lights in the other light fitting are dummy blue bulbs that do nothing?

Ron.

Agreed, just checked mine and it has the dummy blue bulb and the projector light flicks open for full beam. Actually i think our 2009 fabia 2 does the same as it makes a strange noise when flashing the lights (never used high beams on mine till this morning when testing lol)